The Lake Chad Basin Commission (LCBC) was established on 22 May 1964 in N’Djamena, Republic of Chad. The Commission was established upon recognizing the need to formulate principles of the use of resources of the Basin for economic purposes, including the harnessing of water resources. The mandate of the Commission is to sustainably and equitably manage the Lake Chad and other shared water resources of the Lake Chad Basin, preserve the ecosystems of the Lake Chad Conventional Basin, to promote regional integration, peace and security across the Basin.
Rural Development Expert
Contract Duration: Three (3) years renewable subject to performance evaluation
The appointed candidate will be required to carry out the following:
- Contribute to preparing and implementing the Annual Work Programmes and Budgets (AWPB) of LCBC;
- Participate in preparing terms of reference, specifications and tender documents for services and works;
- Ensure the monitoring and control of works carried out by service providers (compliance with norms, standards and dosages);
- Draft periodic reports (monthly, quarterly and annual) to monitor the activities of LCBC under his/her responsibility;
- Fully collaborate in the evaluation, supervision and mid-term review of LCBC projects;
- Perform other duties, as assigned by LCBC
- Reporting Line: Head of Division, Basin Observatory
Education and Competencies
- Masters’ degree in Rural Engineering or Civil Engineering.
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant professional experience in the field of rural works, in particular: roads, productive installations, hydro-agricultural infrastructures, hydraulic infrastructures and structuring village infrastructures;
- Proven experience in supervising the construction of rural infrastructures (fish-ponds, irrigated areas, agroforestry, etc.);
- Working knowledge of the participatory approach;
- Good working knowledge of IT.
- Good knowledge of project management and the Lake Chad Basin region would be desirable.
- Experience in the field of environmental protection and preservation, the construction of weirs, dikes and small water control infrastructures would be a great asset.
- Languages: Fluency in English and/or French.
- Age limit: 50 years as at 1 January 2019.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their Applications to the "Secretariat of the Executive Secretary, LCBC" via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org and shall include the following documents:
- A handwritten application,
- A cover letter,
- A certificate of non-conviction issued not more than three (3) months;
- A certificate of nationality,
- Work certificates,
- Legalized true copy of certificates and diplomas;
- A signed curriculum vitae,
- Two (2) passport-size photographs.
Click here for more Information