Knowledge Management and M&E Officer at CBM International
Posted on: 11 February, 2019
Deadline: 21 February, 2019
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at CBM International
Christoffel Blinden Mission (CBM) is an international Christian development organization, committed to improving the quality of life of persons with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world. CBM works in partnership with local civil society organizations’, communities, government and in alliance with international organizations in Africa and the rest of the world.
Knowledge Management and M&E Officer
Reporting to: The Country Office Program Manager
- The Knowledge Management and M&E Officer will be responsible for leading the implementation of the monitoring evaluation and learning strategy and systems for the programme, and project-specific M&E plans in line with donor requirements.
- S/he will also provide technical leadership for the programme in the area of knowledge management, including learning.
- S/he will support the country office Programme Manager and provide technical support on M&E to the implementing partners in all CBM project states, developing capacity where needed.
- Knowledge Management and Monitoring & Evaluation, documentation and dissemination of learning.
- Lead implementation of the monitoring, evaluation and learning strategy and systems, and project-specific M&E plans that meet CBM and donor requirements.
- Maintain management information systems and procedures, and quality assurance systems and tools, in collaboration with project director, finance manager and technical advisors.
- Lead the planning, implementation and documentation of programme research and learning
- Lead the maintenance and development of the programme knowledge management system.
- Collaborate with disability inclusion advisor, consortium and cluster members, partners and other colleagues to ensure that knowledge management processes, programme monitoring, evaluation and learning include women, men and children with disabilities.
- Capacity building and mentoring of programme team and project partners in knowledge management including learning, monitoring and evaluation.
- Develop material for communications based on the collection of qualitative and quantitative data.
- Programme Management Support:
- Support the production of quality deliverables to the donor and CBM following donor guidelines, including reports, proposals, assessments, evaluations, newsletter articles, case studies, etc.
- Establishment and effective functioning of monitoring, evaluation and learning systems for CBM Programme Portfolio in Nigeria Programme
- Establishment and effective functioning of programme database and knowledge management system, capturing detailed data on all children referred through the programme
- Expanded capacity of partners and CBM programme staff in knowledge management, monitoring and evaluation.
- Other relevant assigned duties, as necessary.
- University Degree in Social Sciences, Health or Management related field
- 4 + years relevant experience in an M&E and/or Knowledge Management role.
- Strong expertise in monitoring and evaluation of complex projects, including M&E system set-up and implementation, documentation and dissemination of learning, quantitative and qualitative data analysis, research design, project management cycle, social inclusion
Relevant Knowledge and Work Experience:
- Experience in reporting on complex projects to international donors;
- Experience working in M&E and learning, and/or programme management in the health sector an advantage;
- Expertise in leading and developing knowledge management processes;
- Experience of managing databases;
- Work experience in insecure environments;
- Knowledge of MS Navision and MS SharePoint solutions
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office required (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint), with advanced proficiency in Excel
- Knowledge of database software
- Knowledge and experience of programme management in development context is an added advantage.
Competencies and Skills:
- Ability to think and solve problem creatively
- Developing others
- Capacity building and mentoring skills related to knowledge management, monitoring and evaluation
- Managing performance
- Strong coordination and time management skills
- Customer orientation
- Ability to work towards tight reporting deadlines
- Result orientation
- Interpersonal effectiveness
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and organization skills
- Building collaborative relationships
- Ability to work in a team
- Persuasive communication
- Strong oral and written communication and demonstrated ability to produce high quality documents
- Technical expertise
- Strong numeracy skills
- Strong quantitative and qualitative data analysis and research skills
- Fluency in spoken and written English, including public speaking. Fluency in spoken and written French will be an added advantage.
- Nationality Applicants must be of Nigeria nationality
Method of Application
Interested consultants should submit a detailed expression of interest (technical and financial proposal) with the following components:
- Understanding of the ToRs
- Proposed methodology and work schedule
- A profile of the consultant including full name, physical addresses, telephone number(s).
- Copy of CV(s) of consultant(s) who will undertake the feasibility study
The application should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title in the subject line.
- CBM will review applications on a rolling basis and might award contract at any time.
- Qualified female candidates and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- All consultants must adhere to CBM’s values and commit to CBM’s Child Safeguarding Policy.
- CBM is an equal opportunities employer, and particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities.
- Recent Jobs from CBM International
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Baseline Consultant at CBM International
- WASH Consultant at CBM International
- Know More About CBM InternationalSimilar Jobs
- National Immunization Consultant at UNICEF
- Field Manager at Save The Children
- Deputy Safety Advisor at International NGO Safety Organisation
- Protection Coordinator at INTERSOS
- Humanitarian Mine Action Manager at Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- Midwife Assistant at Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI)
- Program Manager at North East Regional Initiative (NERI)
- Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent (MNCAH) Health Advisor at Save The Children