Nutrition in Detention Field Officer at ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
Posted on: 25 January, 2019
Deadline: 4 February, 2019
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at ICRC - International Committee of
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Abuja Delegation is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below:
Nutrition in Detention Field Officer
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Understands and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Understands and adheres to the ICRC Code of Conduct
- Understands the roles of the components of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Respects and observes staff regulations and security rules at all times
- Represents the ICRC in a professional manner at all times
- Develops and maintains a pleasant and conducive working environment with colleagues and line managers
- Performs all duties with the highest level of confidentiality in the interest of the employees and the ICRC
- May be asked to perform tasks not covered in this job description and to provide support to other departments when necessary
- Supports the Detention Nutritionist in the analysis, definition, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the nutrition in detention program
- Liaises and builds networks with the NPS authorities, the MoH and other actors involved in food and nutrition in prisons in order to facilitate communication and on coordination of activities that are aimed at ensuring more efficient access to food in detention
- Contribute in the assessment, analysis and monitoring of the food chain in prisons including budget and procurement, food supply/production, food storage, food transformation/preparation, food distribution and food consumption.
- Supports the Nutritionist in Detention in the implementation of procedures and tools for an adequate food and nutrition system in different places of detention (ie. Recommended diet, food procurement, food storage, food preparation, cooking and handling instruction, treatment and management of adult malnutrition);
- Upon request, prepares and conducts field trips independently according to the plan of activities set by nutritionist in detention Delegate
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work, Nurse, Nutritional Science or Public Health, or equivalent work experience
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in detention, nutrition or health field
- Advanced ability to converse in English and other Nigerian’s local languages
- Knowledge of prison authorities or other stakeholders, potential network of interlocutors
- Expert level in computer skills
- Skilled in the following competencies: Networking & Communication; Adapting & Learning; Responsibility & Autonomy; Communication (ability to express views and ideas); Analysis & Synthesis
- Creative and proactive attitude
- Professional appearance
- Open-minded and non-judgemental
- Willingness to travel all over Nigeria and internationally when required.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae and contact details of three referees to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org Please clearly indicate "Nutrition in Detention FO ABJ" as the subject of your application for example (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated).
In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
- NYSC status
- Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
- The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
- Recent Jobs from ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Social Media Manager at ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
- ICT Specialist 1 at ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
- Know More About ICRC - International Committee of the Red CrossSimilar Jobs
- Program Rotation Manager at One Acre Fund
- Midwife Assistant at Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA)
- Program Manager at Catholic Relief Services
- Governance Officer at Catholic Relief Services
- MEAL Assistant at Catholic Relief Services
- Program Assistant at Catholic Relief Services
- Midwife at Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA)
- SILC Officer at Catholic Relief Services