Medecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care.
Mental Health and Psychosocial Services Advisor (M/F)
Job type: Fixed-term contract
Duration: 9 months
Starting date: January 2019
- Under the supervision of the medical coordinator, you are ensuring the quality of mental health and psychosocial services (MHPSS) activities.
More specifically, your responsibilities are to:
- Develop the strategy and mechanisms to integrate a mental health and psychosocial support into MdM programs
- Manage daily program, including planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting
- Conduct routine project needs assessments and program reviews
- Provide technical support in developing and reviewing MHPSS training packages
- Ensure that all MdM staff receive appropriate and adequate MHPSS orientation
- Develop a comprehensive monitoring and evaluation framework for MHPSS programs
- Take a lead in MHPSS program development and new proposal writing
- Implement sustainability strategy, ensuring community engagement, mobilization and capacity development in an effort to hand over services to the local community
- Contribute to develop and implement integrated referrals mechanism
- Propose adaptations regarding the program if needed
- Establish systematic data collection for reports
- Coordinate with the medical coordinator and the gender based violence coordinator to address the protection issues for the beneficiaries
- Manage the MHPSS team, evaluate their capacities and train them
- Draft and update job descriptions
- Conduct interviews with the MHPSS staff candidates and actively participate in the recruitment process
- Participate to the coordination meeting and represent MdM in relevant external meetings
Conditions of Employment
- 22.5 RTT per year
- 5 weeks of paid leaves per year
- Break policy
- Health insurance (60% covered by MdM)
- Insurance (repatriation…)
- Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
- Clinical psychologist Diploma
- Significant experience on a similar position and in conflict/post conflict context
- Knowledge of public health issues
- Strong organizational and supervisory skills
- Capacity to create relationships with the communities, government authorities, INGO and UN agencies
- Ability to create tools and monitoring process
- Hard-working and self-motivated
- Patience and stress management
- Ability to work with minimum support
- Capacity to take initiatives to changing requirements
- Good communication skills
- Languages: Fluent in English written and spoken, French is a plus
- 2, 763 euros gross monthly salary on 13 months.
- Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month).
- Transportation cost (home-work), vaccines and visas covered.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.