Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, program management, construction management, and technical services. The Company supports government and commercial clients by providing innovative solutions focused on water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. With 16,000 associates worldwide, Tetra Tech's capabilities span the entire project life cycle.
Director of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning - USAID State Accountability, Transparency and Effectiveness (State2State)
- Tetra Tech International Development Services headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently seeking applications from qualified Directors of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) to provide leadership and support to a up to $84 million, USAID-funded State Accountability, Transparency and Effectiveness Activity in Nigeria
- The purpose of this Activity is to increase the accountability, transparency and effectiveness of selected state and local governments in Nigeria
- This will be achieved by: strengthening governance systems (with a focus on public financial management and procurement, as well as monitoring and evaluation) related to the delivery of services in key sectors (basic education, primary health care, and water, sanitation and hygiene); increasing government responsiveness to citizen needs and priorities; and improving government and civil society capacity to manage conflict (through work on prevention, mitigation and reconciliation with the same sectoral partners, not stand-alone assistance to the police or judiciary).
Position Description/ Responsibilities
- The MEL Director provides the strategic guidance, vision, and management for successful monitoring and evaluation of the activity.
- This individual works closely with MEL staff and ensures the strategic and functional integration of all MEL activities as well as active collaboration with donors, other implementers, and local counterparts
- The Director oversees MEL activities, provides technical direction and support, and ensures results for contract activities.
- Bachelor's Degree in any the following or related fields: Social Science, International Development, Evaluation Research, Statistics, and Economics;
- Progressively responsible experience in designing, managing and implementing results-based MEL activities;
- Technical skills in analyzing quantitative and qualitative data, with excellent organizational, oral and written communications skills in English;
- Progressively responsible experience in monitoring and evaluation of democracy and governance programs and working with development agencies and organizations, government officials, civil society leaders, community leaders, project beneficiaries and project staff;
- Extensive knowledge of reporting procedures, best practices, guidelines, and tools for monitoring, evaluation and learning, including impact evaluation;
- Supervisory skills, and ability to work well on a team;
- Proficient in Microsoft programs, i.e., Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc., and the ability to use various commercially available statistical software programs.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
- Cover Letter
- CV in reverse chronological format
- Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
- Applications will be reviewed and considered as they are received.