Finance Officer at Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE)
Posted on: 27 November, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Widows and Orphans Empowerment Or
Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organisation (WEWE) is a registered reputable national non-governmental organization that provides socio-economic empowerment to orphans, vulnerable children and widows in Nigeria.
WEWE is currently implementing a comprehensive USAID-funded Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) project called Local Partners Initiative for Orphans and Vulnerable Children in Nigeria (LOPIN-2) in partnership with local and international organizations as well as different tiers of the Government of Nigeria at National, State, and local levels and seeks to expand its program. Therefore we seek application from qualified persons to fill the position below:
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Data Entry: To input data into financial reports; Enter all income and expenditure transactions into the relevant accounting software in conjunction with program and administrative staff to ensure transactions are properly coded; Prepare bank reconciliation statements; Monitor cash balances and maintain a good system of record.
- Petty Cash: To serve as petty cash custodian and post petty cash vouchers into the relevant software, process petty cash reconciliation on a weekly basis or as required.
- Retirement: Work with WEWE- LOPIN 2 teams to support timely retirement of program and administrative expenses and also improve in their turnaround time of retirement.
- Financial Reports: To scan and make photocopies of monthly Financial Reports; Review WEWE LOPIN 2 Implementing Agents Financial Report, Retirements to ensure proper documentation; File financial documents.
- Salary Records: To track staff leave and medical allowance using Microsoft Excel; Collate and review timesheets in preparation for payroll.
- Taxes: To process Tax Clearance Certificates and follow up with tax authority to collect receipts and documentations of tax remitted.
- Procurement: To collate quotes from vendors and service providers; Organise Procurement Committee meetings; Prepare Justification Memo for approval of the selected vendors; Obtain payment invoice from selected vendors; Prepare supporting documents for payment.
- Travel: To receive and processing Travel Authorization Form (TAF) & Travel Expenses Statement (TES) submitted by staff; Review local expense reports for compliance with United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and WEWE travel policies before signing off for approval.
- Strengthening WEWE control environment: To strengthen finance control environment. To significantly contribute to identifying all WEWE internal control environments and making suggestions and coming up with new ideas on how to design control mechanism to strengthen these controls, and work with the finance team to operate and put these measures in place.
- Any other duties: Attend to any other task as may be assigned by the Finance and Administration Director.
- A minimum of Bachelor degree/HND in Accounting. A second class upper division is preferred.
- A minimum of (2) year experience in Accounting Department of an NGO/Not for Profit Organizations
- Strong computer skills
- Experience working on USAID/PEPFAR funded programs
- Ability to develop and manage budgets for USAID funded projects
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive CV and Cover Letter in ONLY one attachment (MS Word document) explaining suitability for the job to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please indicate the title of position applied for in the subject line of the email.
- Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees. Candidates must provide functional email addresses and telephone numbers of referees.
- WEWE’s recruitment process for these positions will be on a rolling basis and while we thank all applicants for showing interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
- Applications will be reviewed in batches on a first come first served basis. WEWE reserve the right to conclude this recruitment process when a suitable candidate is selected.
- Know More About Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE)Similar Jobs
- Internal Auditor at Montaigne Place
- Healthcare Financing & Advocacy Coordinator at Save The Children
- Head of Finance (Group) at Hamilton Lloyd and Associates
- Head, Internal Control at Peridot Forte Solutions Consulting
- Internal Auditor at Townserve Microfinance Bank Limited
- Accountant at Montaigne Place
- Income Auditor at Startup Jobs
- Head of Finance at Westfield Consulting