Oil Spill Response Executive / Coordinator at Odun Environmental Limited (OEL)
Posted on: 20 November, 2018
Deadline: 30 November, 2018
View Jobs in Janitorial Services / Environment
View All Jobs at Odun Environmental Limited (O
Odun Environmental Limited (OEL) - We are an International Environmental and Pollution Control Management and Consultancy Services provider. Odun Environmental Limited (OEL) was established in 2000 and we have since grown and developed steadily. We have a team of competent and certified professionals from a wide range of backgrounds who are at the heart of all we do and are our greatest asset.
Oil Spill Response Executive / Coordinator
- Key responsibilities include oil spill response management, operations, remediation Cost Planning, Setting up of activities, regulatory compliance issues and project management.
- Responsible for championing plans and activities for support and service management in Oil Spill Response and Remediation team.
- To Conduct Site assessments, develop work Plans, Identify Hazards, develop JHA etc.
- Carry out Feasibility Studies of Impacted Environment using Risk Based Corrective Action (RBCA) concept
- Must be able to successfully manage or actively support the work team in a diverse, multidisciplinary group.
- Maintain positive relationships with clients, vendors, stakeholders and regulators is also expected.
- Developing conceptual site model (CSM) for Remediation sites in all projects
- Report and documentation of daily activities on the site and Log Sheet
- Cascade Learning from Incidents, best practices to drive consistency and standardize HSE practices in Remediation team.
- Organize kick off meetings Cleanup remediation Team.
- Wide experience in managing multiple small to medium-sized projects
- Co-ordinate and drive HSE compliance with other local and International HSE regulations, in management of oil spills
- Responsible for addressing Health Safety Security & Environmental issues that support Incident Free Operations at all times
- Ability to secure FTO for land and Swamp Clean up and Remediation from host community
- Must be able to effectively liaise with DPR, NOSDRA, SME and NAPIMS for a joint certification and close out inspection of clean-up/remediated sites
- Co-ordinate all Swamp Cleanup and Remediation Project site Supervision
- Managing and actualizing the work scope including progress, cost, quality, communication and interfaces
- Plan and Co-ordinate Management facility inspections (MFIs) and pre-mob inspections.
- Pre-mob inspection of contractors’ equipment and facility in readiness for mobilization to project site.
- Lead site HSE inspections, Audits and Project HSE challenge sessions
- Analyses HSE indicators and monitor trends.
- Supervise execution of remediation activities on site – Project planning, scheduling, execution, monitoring and reporting
- Monitor site hazard identification and application of adequate controls - JHA, PTW, Integrated Impact Assessment (IA), follow up of audit actions, compliance with the lifesaving rules
- Prepare a complete documentation of all site report including unsafe acts and conditions, nearmiss reporting, tool box talks, meeting with contractors, site visits reports
- Complete DPR certification form for DPR endorsement and complete SPDC prepared joint certification form for other members of the joint team for signing
- Delineate areas of impact according to classes of impact.
- Capability in Skilled equipment operations including, but not limited to, pump operations and hand tools
- Monitor and co-ordinate Waste management (Identification, Segregation and disposal technique)
- Carry out any other job that may be assigned accordingly.
- A first degree in Environmental Management, Engineering or any equivalent from a reputable university
- A masters degree will be an advantage
- NEBOSH IGC certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
- Gas testing and breathing apparatus
- Designated First Aider’s Course (DFA)
- Basic fire fighting
- General Certificate in Health Safety and Environment NISP (Nigerian Institute of Safety Professionals)
- Permit To Work System (PTW) Course
- Excavation & Groundworks
- Working Safely course
- 3-4 YEARS Experience in Similar Position
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Recent Jobs from Odun Environmental Limited (OEL)
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Admin Officer at Odun Environmental Limited (OEL)
- Laboratory Analyst I at Odun Environmental Limited (OEL)
- Laboratory Analyst II (Toxicology / Toxicity) at Odun Environmental Limited (OEL)
- Environmental Executive/Officer at Odun Environmental Limited (OEL)
- Business Development Executive at Odun Environmental Limited (OEL)
- Laboratory QA/QC Officer at Odun Environmental Limited (OEL)
- Environmental Manager at Odun Environmental Limited (OEL)
- HSE Officer / Supervisor at Odun Environmental Limited (OEL)
- Know More About Odun Environmental Limited (OEL)Similar Jobs
- Safety & Security Manager at Randstad Construction Property Engineering
- Offshore Project Technical HSSE Lead at Deep Blue Energy Services Limited
- Environment Projects, Systems & Compliance Officer at TOTAL
- Safety and Security Manager at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
- Technical HSSE Engineer at Deep Blue Energy Services Limited
- Operator - Environment at SAB Miller
- HSE Officer at Tomsey Engineering and Services International Limited
- HSE Site Lifting Specialist - LADOL (Local) at Onstream Group