Environmental Executive/Officer at Odun Environmental Limited (OEL)
Posted on: 20 November, 2018
Deadline: 30 November, 2018
View Jobs in Janitorial Services / Environment
View All Jobs at Odun Environmental Limited (O
Odun Environmental Limited (OEL) - We are an International Environmental and Pollution Control Management and Consultancy Services provider. Odun Environmental Limited (OEL) was established in 2000 and we have since grown and developed steadily. We have a team of competent and certified professionals from a wide range of backgrounds who are at the heart of all we do and are our greatest asset.
- Coordinate and manage all aspects (project development, field activities, Subcontracted services and reporting) associated with HSE, environmental studies, pollution control, environmental due diligence, environmental sampling, monitoring and procedures, and all environmental studies work.
- Conduct and assist the environmental team in conducting various environmental studies (EIA, ESHIA, PIA, EA, EER, Safety Case, EMR, ESR, and PIAR among others as assigned).
- Assist the Pollution Control Unit in waste management, oil spill clean up, remediation assignments among others
- Assist the Pollution Control and Studies Units in conducting all assignments and ensuring Work and Site Safety
- Plan, Manage and Supervise all HSE reports, issues / Facilitations
- Initiate, prepare, Coordinate and Review, plans, procedures, risk assessments and HSE Reviews for all projects and project sites
- Ensure the Effective Implementation of Project HSE Plan
- Conduct HSE Meetings and Investigations and provide reports
- Assist the Management team when required in various tasks such as orienting new staff, providing guidance on day-to-day duties as necessary, assisting with hiring and disciplining as necessary and conducting meetings.
- Assign, direct and oversee Health and Safety activities of the studies and Pollution Control department.
- Identify environmental opportunities and threats
- Provide proficiency in client interaction, proposal preparation, regulatory interaction, negotiation, technical writing, internal and external communication.
- Commit to achieving the goals outlined in the weekly management meetings.
- Develop, implement and sustain process improvement initiatives across the organization utilizing Lean methodologies.
- Conduct field analysis and sampling
- Prepare scope of work / Terms of Reference
- Proactively implement all health and safety policies/procedures (illness and injury prevention, training, contractor and facility safety).
- Attain and Maintain MSDS workplace files, site FTO, Safety permits & approvals
- Provide assistance as assigned to other units within the organization and within the group.
- Possession of a university degree in an Environmental Science related discipline from a reputable institution, with a minimum of Second Class (Lower Division)
- 2 years post NYSC Experience Minimum in environmental work
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills.
- Demonstrate reliability and a strong work ethic, be detailed, goal oriented, exhibit time management skills, and perform work accurately in a team-oriented environment.
- Display a high level of computer literacy; Proficient in MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point and MS Access).
Other Preferred Requirements:
- Trainings / certificates in HSE, environmental courses, oil spill clean ups, BOSIET etc will be an advantage
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV to: email@example.com
- Recent Jobs from Odun Environmental Limited (OEL)
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Admin Officer at Odun Environmental Limited (OEL)
- Laboratory Analyst I at Odun Environmental Limited (OEL)
- Laboratory Analyst II (Toxicology / Toxicity) at Odun Environmental Limited (OEL)
- Business Development Executive at Odun Environmental Limited (OEL)
- Laboratory QA/QC Officer at Odun Environmental Limited (OEL)
- Environmental Manager at Odun Environmental Limited (OEL)
- HSE Officer / Supervisor at Odun Environmental Limited (OEL)
- Oil Spill Response Executive / Coordinator at Odun Environmental Limited (OEL)
- Know More About Odun Environmental Limited (OEL)Similar Jobs
- Safety and Security Manager at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
- Technical HSSE Engineer at Deep Blue Energy Services Limited
- Operator - Environment at SAB Miller
- Deep Water – Site Lifting Specialist /QA-QC/HSE at Dan Harry Nig. Ltd
- HSE Officer at Tomsey Engineering and Services International Limited
- HSE Site Lifting Specialist - LADOL (Local) at Onstream Group
- QHSE Coordinator at True Blue Energy Services Limited
- Environmental Health Manager at International Rescue Committee (IRC)