Financial Manager at Hamilton Lloyd and Associates
Posted on: 19 November, 2018
Deadline: 7 December, 2018
View Jobs in Healthcare / Medical
View All Jobs at Hamilton Lloyd and Associates
Hamilton Lloyd and Associates - Our client, a leading health maintenance company in Nigeria.
- The Financial Manager (FM) provides both operational and programmatic support to the organization.
- The FM supervises the finance unit and is the financial spokesperson for the organization.
- The FM reports directly to the Managing Director (MD) and directly assists the Chief Operating Officer (COO) on all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to budget management, cost benefit analysis, forecasting needs and the securing of new funding.
- Train the Finance Unit and other staff on raising awareness and knowledge of financial management matters.
- Work with the MD on the strategic vision including fostering and cultivating stakeholder relationships on clients.
- Participate in developing new business, specifically: assist the MD in identifying new funding opportunities, the drafting of prospective programmatic budgets, and determining cost effectiveness of prospective service delivery.
- Assess the benefits of all prospective contracts and advise the Executive Team on programmatic design and implementation matters.
- Ensure adequate controls are installed and that substantiating documentation is approved.
- Provide the MD/COO with an operating budget. Work with the COO to ensure programmatic success through cost analysis support, and compliance with all contractual and programmatic requirements. This includes: 1) interpreting legislative and programmatic rules and regulations to ensure compliance with all federal, state, local guidelines, 2) ensuring that all government regulations and requirements are disseminated to appropriate personnel, and 3) monitoring compliance.
- Oversee the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities for the organization including: organizational revenue/expense and balance sheet reports, reports to funding agencies, development and monitoring of organizational and contract/grant budgets.
- Oversee all payroll activity for staff and participants.
- Develop and maintain systems of internal controls to safeguard financial assets of the organization and oversee federal awards and programs. Oversee the coordination and activities of independent auditors ensuring all audit issues are resolved, and all compliance issues are met, and the preparation of the annual financial statements is in accordance with federal, state and other required supplementary schedules and information.
- Attend Board and Subcommittee meetings; including being the lead staff on the Audit/Finance Committee.
- Monitor banking activities of the organization.
- Ensure adequate cash flow to meet the organization's needs.
- Serve as one of the trustees and oversee administration and financial reporting of the organization's Savings and Retirement Plan.
- Investigate cost-effective benefit plans and other fringe benefits which the organization may offer employees and potential employees with the goal of attracting and retaining qualified individuals.
- Oversee the production of monthly reports including reconciliations with funders and pension plan requirements, as well as financial statements and cash flow projections for use by Executive management, as well as the Audit/Finance Committee and Board of Directors.
- Assist in the design, implementation, and timely calculations of wage incentives, commissions, and salaries for the staff.
- Oversee Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable and ensure a disaster recovery plan is in place.
- Oversee business insurance plans and health care coverage analysis.
- Oversee the maintenance of the inventory of all fixed assets, including assets purchased with government funds (computers, etc.) assuring all are in accordance with federal regulations.
- Assist in performing all tasks necessary to achieve the organization's mission and growth plans.
- Education: Education: A minimum of a University degree, Professional accreditation. CPA and/or MBA would be a plus.
- Experience: A minimum of 8-10 years post professional qualification experience with at least 5 years experience as a Financial Manager or equivalent.
- Strong analytic skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to properly evaluate and select risk
- Problem solving skills
- Strong Negotiation and organizational skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and/or Access
Method of Application
Applicants should send their updated CV to:firstname.lastname@example.org with the Title of the role as the subject of the mail.
- The body of the mail should outline Total years of relevant experience to the role, Location and Age.
- Please read Role necessities very carefully and apply if qualified.
- Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
- If after 2 weeks of application you do not hear from us, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
- Know More About Hamilton Lloyd and AssociatesSimilar Jobs
- Accountant (Tax/Accounts Payable) at Eko Maintenance Limited
- Compliance and Reconciliation Officer at AIM Consultants
- Head, Internal Control at IL Bagno
- Chief Internal Auditor at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- Account Officer at LeadHire Limited
- Junior Accountant at FoodPro
- Chief Operating Officer at Oscar Temple
- Chief Financial Officer (CFO) at Estrada International Staffing Solutions