MHPSS Field Officer at ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
Posted on: 13 November, 2018
Deadline: 20 November, 2018
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at ICRC - International Committee of
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Yola Sub Delegation is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below:
MHPSS Field Officer
Location: Yola, Adamawa
- Collaborate with other ICRC departments in the sub delegation to ensure a coordinated and integrated approach to respond to beneficiaries needs.
- Identify referral pathways for clients in need of specialist psychological, mental health, medical and other humanitarian needs.
- With the support of the MHPSS Programme Assistant and Cooperation FO ensure that a respectful and collaborative relationship is maintained with our implementing partner the Nigerian Red Cross Society.
- With the support of the Mental Health Delegate and the MHPSS Programme Assistant ensure that positive relationships with relevant external actors are maintained through regular contact, coordinating activities where needed
- Understands the mandate of ICRC and the three components of the Red Cross/Red Crescent movement.
- Works in close interaction with the employees in the other departments and locations and provides help when needed.
- University degree in Psychology.
- Post graduate degree in Clinical Psychology or Medical Doctor specialized in Psychiatry or similar
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in clinical and/or community mental health and psychosocial programs
- Experience working with the psychological effects of war political violence or other traumatic events highly desirable.
- Able to use Microsoft office efficiently.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English, fluency in Kanuri and Hausa an asset.
- Good knowledge of the political, social and cultural assigned environment.
- Strongly motivated by humanitarian work
- Team leadership and good communication skills
- Flexibility and ability to work independently and with a sense of initiative
- Team work and partnership working skills
- Highly developed analytical, planning and organising skills
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and contact details of three referees to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org Clearly indicate the job title and Location as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
- NYSC status
- Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
- Recent Jobs from ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Protection Field Officer at ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
- Accountant 1 at ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
- Cashier I at ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
- Logistics Assistant at ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
- Health Field Officer 2 (Midwife) at ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
- Communications Field Officer II at ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
- Know More About ICRC - International Committee of the Red CrossSimilar Jobs
- Intern - Drug Control and Crime Prevention, I (Temporary Job Opening) at UNODC - The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime
- Food Fortification Program Coordinator at Helen Keller International
- Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at Loving Gaze
- Country Director at CARE
- Team Leader at DAI
- Program Officer I - Social & Behavior Change, Plateau State at Breakthrough ACTION
- Technical Officer at Management Sciences For Health - MSH
- Regional Director at John Snow Inc - JSI