Cambridge Assessment International Education prepares school students for life, helping them develop an informed curiosity and a lasting passion for learning. We are part of Cambridge Assessment, a department of the University of Cambridge. Our international qualifications are recognised by the world’s best universities and employers, giving students a wide range of options in their education and career. As a not-for-profit organisation, we devote our resources to delivering high-quality educational programmes that can unlock learners’ potential.
Category: Education, Educational Projects and Contract Management
What it’s about
- This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader and be rewarded with valuable learning opportunities, a competitive salary and benefits.
- To maintain and grow Cambridge Assessment International Education in Nigeria. This is primarily in our schools’ markets, also working with our associate (the British Council) and, where and when appropriate, our ministry relationships or our education reform work.
- This will be by ensuring that our customers are well supported and, providing world-class service to our schools, ministries, educational organisations, regulatory bodies and the wider community.
What you’ll be doing
Implementation of regional strategy:
- To grow the market, primarily schools, within the country/region in line with the country / regional strategy and plans and in accordance with corporate guidance/protocols.
Business development and customer relationships:
- Close cooperation with our associate, The British Council, in Nigeria.
- To develop relationships with both new and existing Cambridge schools and associates in this location to ensure loyalty to Cambridge
- To develop and maintain strong relationships with schools, relevant government departments of education, universities and other key stakeholders with the aim of supporting the continued growth of Cambridge in their location.
- To maintain current details of relationships with school and other stakeholders on our CRM system and identify follow up actions when required.
Raising our profile in international education:
- Identify opportunities to build awareness for Cambridge products and services through active participation at educational seminars, conferences and other events and to plan, manage and implement such activities
- To represent Cambridge at events such as exhibitions, seminars and conferences, making presentations, or delivering speeches, as required.
Compliance with protocols:
- To ensure that all activities are completed in accordance with our group processes eg legal, financial, tax, HR and local policies and procedures expenses are recorded accurately and transmitted to Cambridge on time.
Liaison with and support for regional and head office colleagues:
- To provide regular feedback to Cambridge sharing insight with a particular focus on changes in national education policy, media commentary, trends in requests from our schools, and competitor activity
- To support and assist colleagues on compliance, inspections, registrations, new products and services, training, marketing, events, surveys and other school related issues.
- Other projects and support as dictated by your Regional Director or line manager.
Country/regional specific accountabilities:
- Pro-actively manage contract relationships. In countries where we have either associate or education reform contracts you may act as the contract manager or contract support manager as defined in the new contract management role definitions.
Build recognition in your location:
- Focus on gaining/ improving university recognition and raising the profile of our programmes and qualifications in the tertiary education sector in this location.
Collaboration with Cambridge English:
- Understand and promote Cambridge English products and services when appropriate to support collaboration and growth for both organisations. This includes promoting Cambridge English products where appropriate.
What we’re looking for
- University Bachelor degree. Work experience with school level education would be a recommendation.
- Must have a valid drivers’ license and own vehicle (business travel will be reimbursed at rates as advised from time-to-time)
- Ability to develop on-going relationships with our customers at a senior level as well as with government officials and other stakeholders.
- Proven business development experience in international education.
- Attention to detail and accuracy and ensuring that schools receive a quick response to all correspondence.
- Team working.
- Confident communication and presentation skills.
- Fluency in English both written and oral.
- Good proven IT skills, including knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Management of senior level stakeholder relationships e.g. with Ministries of Education or key stakeholders (such as the British Council).
- Familiarity with the education systems in the region and with international education.
- Business development in an education context.
- Knowledge of Cambridge programmes and qualifications.
- Some technical knowledge of assessment and of key educational issues both in the UK and in the location.
- Experience of working in an international organisation.
- The ability to operate at a high level without direct supervision.
- Proactive approach.
- Passionate about education.
- Flexibility in the face of emerging and changing requirements.
- Cultural sensitivity
NGN 5,000,000 - 7,000,000.
Method of Application
Note: If you’re successful at interview stage we will ask you to undergo background screening (carried out by Credence Background Screening Ltd), to ensure that all information provided to us is accurate. We wish you all the very best with your application.
Interested and qualified? Go to Cambridge Education Group (CEG) career website on careers.cambridgeassessment.org.uk to apply