Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 263,900 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose - to make an impact that matters.
In Nigeria, Deloitte is a leading professional services firm, providing Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory, Business Process and Corporate Finance services to public and private clients spanning multiple industries.
Off-Grid Quality Standards Consultant
Requisition code: NG158089VA
Direct Report: PMO/Results Management Lead
Business Unit: General
- Deloitte is leading a power sector transformation programme which has been established by a development agency to support reform within Nigeria’s power sector.
- Key objectives of the reform programme include addressing gas to power challenges, competitive procurement of clean and conventional energy, utility distribution sector reform, and off-grid electricity access.
- Ideally, the project will enable 10,000 MW of new-rehabilitated electricity generation capacity, and 3 million new electricity connections, enabling reliable and affordable electricity access to millions of people for the first time.
- The Off-Grid Quality Standards Consultant will support Power Africa Nigeria by identifying various technical standards as applicable to off-grid solutions (solar home systems, mini-grids) and associated mechanisms for certification and design of a quality management program.
- Identify various international technical standards applicable to the sector
- Identify various agencies providing certification of components according to the standards
- Identify presences of such certifying agencies in Nigeria
- Design quality management program, as applicable to Nigeria
- Support in preparation of all associated documentation in order to institutionalize the standards and quality management program (such as through a software platform such as Odyssey)
- Contribute to work plans, reporting, and deliverables as needed
What Impact Will You Make?
- Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance.
- As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you’ll find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
- All applicants are expected to have either a minimum of an MS/MA/MBA with at least 10 years of relevant experience; a BS/BA degree with at least 15 years of relevant experience or a degree less than a BS/BA with at least 20 years of experience.
- Experience with quality program design and implementation in Nigeria
- Experience in operation of supply chains
- Experience working with certifying agencies
- Effective communication skills and ability to coordinate between various stakeholders, including government departments and private sector organisations, logistic providers, local commercial banks etc.
Leadership / Behavioural Capabilities
- Living our Purpose - Acts as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognizing others for the impact they make
- Influence - Influences clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- Performance drive - Delivers exceptional client service; maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- Strategic direction - Understands key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns people to objectives and sets priorities and direction
- Talent development - Develops high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- Competitive Edge - Applies deep knowledge of disruptive trends and competitor activity to drive continuous improvement
- Inspirational Leadership - Establishes a strong leadership brand and inspires followership through passion, integrity, and appreciation of others.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Applicants should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org