Pete Gelton Consulting is a Human Capital / Organizational Development, Business Advisory and Research based organisation located in the heart of Abuja. Part of what we do is to assist organizations find and develop the best talents to help them achieve business success .
Business Development Associate
Our client an international Non-Govermental Organisation NGO with core focus on Women Entreprenures, ensuring that everyone gets access to clean energy in sub-Saharan Africa seeks to fill the position of a BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE (FEMALE ONLY) in:
KANO, SOKOTO, CROSS RIVER and ZAMFARA states respectively.
This position is full time and requires frequent travel to develop and support the network of entrepreneurs.
- Represent the NGO in designated region
- Recruit new Entrepreneurs to the network
- Train new Entrepreneurs in business skills, entrepreneurship skills, technical knowledge, leadership skills and agency skills using the recommended methodology
- Coach new and existing Entrepreneur by providing guidance, support and challenge to help them build and grow their businesses
- Work alongside Entrepreneurs to identify opportunities
- Work alongside Entrepreneurs to identify solutions to their business challenges
- Work alongside Entrepreneurs develop long-term, well-defined goals and realistic action plans to increase their sales to new and existing customers
- Aid in the identification of new products or services for existing markets or, new markets for existing products and services
- Arrange and facilitate weekly meetings with Entrepreneurs in their communities
- Manage logistics for distribution of products for region, including ordering, safe keeping and distribution of product for entrepreneurs’ inventories
- Maintain and update all required reports and data
- Achieve impact targets for region aligned with enterprise goals
- Superior organizational skills and time management
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently
- Team-oriented and flexible
- Post-secondary degree in a business management or a related field
- Demonstrated experience working with small business
- Demonstrated facilitation and coaching experience
- Community leadership / sale experience a plus
- Willingness to travel to remote areas for community engagement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in English and at least one local language
- Strong IT and social media skills
- Strong recordkeeping skills, attention to detail
- Self-starter and highly motivated
- Ability to accept and provide constructive feedback
- Effective deadline management skills
- Strong customer service orientation
A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience including health insurance.
Method of Application
Interested Candidates can send in their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org with BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE as the subject of their email. (Kindly indicate your location).
eg. BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE (KANO) for those in Kano.
Application closes as soon as position is filled.
NB. THIS POSITION IS FOR FEMALES ONLY