- Take part in our Job Search Survey 2019 and stand a chance to win a Samsung device. Get Started »
Business Development Associate at BitPesa
Posted on: 22 October, 2018
Deadline: 13 November, 2018
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at BitPesa
BitPesa (www.bitpesa.co) is a cutting-edge online payment platform that leverages blockchain settlement to significantly lower the cost and increase the speed of business payments to, from and within sub-Saharan Africa. BitPesa's clients range from African businesses and multinational companies paying suppliers as far as China and Dubai to international remittance companies using our API services for white-label payments to dozens of bank networks and mobile money operators across Nigeria, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Senegal, and the DRC.
Business Development Associate
- As the Business Development (BD) Associate, you will be responsible for generating, qualifying and helping close sales leads in Nigeria, and other West African markets, for BitPesa’s cross-border payments service.
- In this sales role, you will support the BD Team in customer acquisition within existing as well as new markets.
- We’re looking for an ambitious young professional, with the relevant experience and skills, to help BitPesa penetrate the West African markets by selling our cross-border payment products and services.
- This is an exciting opportunity to help take Africa’s leading digital F/X company to the next level.
- Actively source and qualify leads that satisfy internal criteria.
- Regularly follow up with prospective clients with the aim of onboarding and helping close new deals.
- Implement creative and modern techniques to generate and qualify viable leads across the regions.
- Effectively support the BD Team by collaborating with key external and internal stakeholders to move deals forward in the sales process (working with Compliance, Account Management & Trading).
- Help ensure client portfolio grows while being diversified, stable and profitable.
- Regularly update the sales pipelines with client engagement status.
- Develop competitive analysis to identify market trends, customer needs and pricing/rate structure across the industry.
- Adhere to the sales process set out by the company to acquire clients.
- Develop quarterly, monthly, and weekly plans with specific, measurable goals.
- Develop a holistic Lead Generation and Qualification Plan across various target segments and industries.
- Regularly contact prospective clients (via introductory emails, phone calls) generated by the Business Development and Marketing Team to engage leads and procure discovery meetings.
- Assist Team Managers in conducting meetings, when necessary, with prospective and existing clients with the aim of growing our business.
- Liaise with Compliance to collect required documents from clients and ensure account approval is completed in a timely manner with all the necessary compliance checks.
- Flawlessly execute trade requests from new clients and ensure thorough hand-off is completed to the Account Management Team.
- Keep sales tools up to date with excellent lead and process management to clearly identify status and success during sales process.
- Assist with implementing sales strategies and plans including but not limited to specific marketing campaigns and marketing penetration strategies.
- Regularly mine various business-oriented online platforms (e.g Linkedin) to network and connect with potential leads.
- Attend events and conferences representing the company across the region.
- Young professional who is ambitious and passionate.
- Ability to understand and help promote customer-centric vision at BitPesa.
- Quantitative individual with a love for numbers and data analysis.
- Excellent interpersonal, communications, public speaking, presentation, and listening skills.
- Creative problem solver with the ability to work independently with minimal guidance.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multitask, when required.
- Advanced Microsoft Office and Google Suite Tools skills along with the willingness and ability to become familiar with Company-specific sales tools/software.
- Passionate about our mission to redefine how businesses make payments to, from and within Africa.
- Based in Lagos and willingness to travel within West Africa.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to BitPesa career website on bitpesa.breezy.hr to apply
- Know More About BitPesaSimilar Jobs
- Passionate & Captivating Healthcare Sales Rep at Premier Respiratory and Critical Care
- Real Estate Business Development Manager at Fosad Consulting
- Business Development Executive at Adexen
- Sales Executive at Websoft Limited
- Marketing Manager at Integrated Corporate Services - ICSL
- Marketing Manager at Nera Hotels
- Customer Sales Assistant (Cashier) at NairaBet
- Sales Representative at Fastizers Food and Confectionery Limited