Jumia is your number one Online Shopping solution in Nigeria. There is an online electronic store where you can purchase all your electronics, as well as books, home appliances, fashion items, shoes, mobile phones and more online and have them delivered directly to you. Jumia has payment options that suit everyone, and we have a payment-on-delivery option for extra convenience. Shopping online in Nigeria is easy and convenient with us. The Jumia mall provides you with a wide range of products you can trust. Discover JIM's Big Thing for that special person in your life. You can also shop online for Valentine gifts and have them delivered directly to your loved one.
Head of Category, Fashion
As Head of Fashion Category, you will define and deliver offer sourcing and management strategy for the Fashion category across customer segments and geographies to enable ambitious revenue growth target.
In particular you will:
- Define and optimize curation/assortment selection strategy for your category ensuring relevance of selection/styling to optimize revenues and sales velocity.
- Partner with Vendor Success to drive Merchants/Vendors recruitment and activation strategy for your category
- Manage to maximize Gross Merchandise Volume with day-to-day collaboration with merchants/vendors and channels
- Establish strong relations with sellers and support their performance, as their main contact point.
- Support product and content creation process to increase assortment live.
- Plan and maintain constant stock availability.
- Trend Spotting: Should be able to identify broader trends and fill category gaps
- Coach sellers on competitive pricing.
- Suggest promotions to sellers, sell marketing services, organize these campaigns internally.
- Build weekly marketing plan, contribute determining which products/subcategories will be promoted on website and through all marketing channels (Newsletters, Facebook, Display…etc).
- Develop strong analytics to evaluate daily/weekly/monthly performance and optimize further marketing, pricing and product selection.
Professional Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in any field from a recognised and accredited University
- Minimum of 8 – 10 years’ experience working in a fast-paced corporate environment preferably in a fashion and luxury division
- Passion for fashion and strong interest in current trends (national & international)
- Adequate knowledge of the Online Marketplace and the Ecommerce Industry
- Strong business judgment with a track record of successful negotiations and overall relationship management.
- Proven analytical thinking, project management skills, and exceptional organizational skills are essential.
- Tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment is essential for success.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Jumia Nigeria career website on africainternetgroup.peoplehr.net to apply