- Take part in our Job Search Survey 2019 and stand a chance to win a Samsung device. Get Started »
Medical Doctor at eHealth Systems Africa
Posted on: 18 October, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at eHealth Systems Africa
eHealth Africa (eHA) designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings, and smartly uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results.
Purpose of the Position
- The clinic Medical Doctor will treat common acute and chronic medical conditions, provide basic pediatric services, vaccination, and basic trauma care.
- We are currently recruiting a highly trained and motivated General Physician (GP) to provide clinical services to our clientele.
What You’ll Do
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned:
- He/She will treat patients in an outpatient clinic setting to ensure proper disease diagnosis, injury care, treatment and recovery, request necessary tests and follow-up visits and refer patients to specialists as necessary.
- The GP will document care delivered and follow up care required using an Electronic Medical Record software.
- Attends and participates in a variety of meetings and task force groups to improve quality and outcomes, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specific level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, new task efforts, and new policy requirements.
- Some situations will require the GP to coordinate with local and national hospitals to determine local capabilities, coordinate referrals, monitor and arrange final disposition.
- The GP will have a leadership role in the clinic.
- He/She will work closely with the Finance Manager, eHA leadership and Kano clinic Medical Advisor to provide excellent clinical care in a financially sustainable manner.
- He/She will work closely with health insurance companies and pharmacy benefits managers for care coordination and insurance reimbursement.
- He/She will manage and supervise a team of 3-4 nurses to deliver clinical care at patients’ homes.
- He/She will consult with consultant physicians nationally and internationally using telemedicine.
- He/She will strictly adhere to treatment guidelines and clinic protocols developed by the Medical Advisor in line with current Best Practices and clinical evidence.
- He/She will respect patient privacy and confidentiality and treat patients with compassion and professionalism.
- Adheres to Policies and Procedures.
- Adheres to eHealth Africa Code of Conduct as well as ethical standards of the field.
Who You Are
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform this job:
- Must be a graduate of an accredited medical college with High Distinction (Top 10% of graduating class).
- Must have current clinical experience in direct patient care and have worked a minimum of 24 months in a 20+ bed hospital in the last 3 years.
- Hold and maintain a current medical license to practice in Nigeria.
- Ability to pass a written knowledge test and interview.
- Certifications such as Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics, Advanced Trauma Life Support highly desired.
- Diagnose and treat common acute conditions such as malaria, typhoid, pneumonia, infectious diarrhea, sexually transmitted infections, intestinal parasitosis etc.
- Diagnose and treat chronic conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, hyperlipidemia, asthma, peptic ulcers, musculoskeletal pain etc.
- Knowledge and skills to provide vaccination.
- Knowledge and skills to perform minor trauma care including suturing, plaster casting, I&D, debridement etc.
- Knowledge and skills to stabilize trauma patients prior to transport to higher level of care.
- Proficient in using a computer for patient care, documentation and communication.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong leadership skills that include the ability to build effective teams, ability to motivate others, delegate, and make timely/quality decisions.
- Proficiency working within specialized software utilized in program.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from eHealth Systems Africa
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Associate, EOC IT Support at eHealth Systems Africa
- Vaccine Cold Chain System Technician at eHealth Systems Africa
- Know More About eHealth Systems AfricaSimilar Jobs
- MEAL Specialist at Catholic Relief Services
- Psychosocial Assistant ECHO-GBV at CARE
- Head of Spa and Wellness at Ascentech Services Limited
- HealthCare Assistant at Summit Orthopaedics
- Medical Practitioner at King Solomon Hospital
- Medical Doctor at Louismed Hospital
- Nurse at INTERSOS
- Demand Generation Consultant at Marie Stopes