Environmental and Safeguard Specialist at Michael Stevens Consulting
Posted on: 10 October, 2018
Deadline: 15 October, 2018
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Michael Stevens Consulting
Michael Stevens Consulting - Our client a well-established Transportation Company, has retained our services to search for self-managed professionals of high integrity for the position below:
Environmental and Safeguard Specialist
- The role is to ensure the effective consideration and management of social concerns in all aspects of OUR CLIENT’s work, from the design, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of transport initiatives.
- Particular attention should be paid to the minimization of social risks associated with the development of transport initiatives, as well as the identification and maximization of social development opportunities arising from investments by the company.
- A key function of this role will be to engender a broad consensus, through participatory methods and extensive dialogue with affected and interested parties, on fair and adequate methods by which rights of way can be cleared of occupants as needed. The role must be able to handle social/cultural issues in the work environment.
- Take into consideration international standards for involuntary displacement as incorporated into the World Bank’s OP 4.12 on involuntary Resettlement.
- Establish a forum by which interested parties may make representation on involuntary resettlement.
- In consultation with relevant parties, develop a Resettlement Policy Framework (RPF)
- Contribute to the development of Social Policy, Strategy, Objectives, and Standards of the Company.
- Undertake training needs analysis of staff to identify weaknesses in understanding of social issues.
- Design and deliver a training programmed to enhance understanding of social issue among staff.
- Identify opportunities for capacity building on social issues among other institutions and government agencies whose remits overlap or influence transport or social development outcomes.
- Ensure staff and operational compliance with company policy, standards, etc.
- Contribute to the design of, and reporting on, a monitoring and evaluation programmed for performance in relation to social development parameters.
Qualifications and Experience
- The candidate should have a Degree (minimum 2:2) in Social and Environmental related degree with a minimum of 10 years cognate experience. Project Management certification is an added advantage.
- Must have good knowledge of the Transportation Industry.
- Strong analytical and attention to detail skills are essential.
- Can produce/develop a social Assessment Procedure Manual.
- Must have a good knowledge Projects or Project Management
- Can design training programmes/curriculum
- Good Presentation skill
- Planning and Organizing
- Good Team Player
- Good oral and written communication
- Must be result driven and have integrity
- Candidate must be less than 42 years old.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV's (Word Format) to: firstname.lastname@example.org the role applied for must be the subject of your mail.
- Recent Jobs from Michael Stevens Consulting
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Social and Environmental Specialist at Michael Stevens Consulting
- Senior Environmental Specialist at Michael Stevens Consulting
- Know More About Michael Stevens ConsultingSimilar Jobs
- Customer Service - Marketing Agents at MyJobMag Limited
- Sales and Marketing Executive at Tempkers Limited
- Retail Store Manager at Tempkers Limited
- Sales Executive at Ultimus Holdings
- Electronic Mobile Payment Sales Agent at Nicole Sinclair Consulting
- New Business Manager at Bingreach Digital
- Office Assistant (Retail) at TalentSquare
- Female Sales Representative at Bradfield Consulting