If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
SEPLAT is an independent oil and gas exploration and production company incorporated and operating in Nigeria with a strategic focus on Nigeria. The company was founded in 2009 by Shebah Petroleum Development Company Limited and Platform Petroleum (Joint Ventures) Limited for the purpose of investing in Nigerian oil and gas opportunities. Maurel & Prom, a French independent oil company, subsequently acquired a 45 per cent equity interest in SEPLAT; this interest was later spun-off to form Maurel & Prom Nigeria S.A (now Maurel & Prom International)
We have the following vacancies:
Overall Purpose of the Job:
The HR Business Partner will work closely with line managers to achieve shared organisational objectives by providing daily general HR support/advisory service on a range of HR issues to defined client groups to become strategic business partners, will be the single point of contact for client population (Technical/Support Functions) and will partner with the Shared Services Center, and Centres of Excellence to deliver customer focused proactive solutions and problem solving.
Business Partner support will include coaching, employee relations, performance management, recruiting/staffing, organizational effectiveness and development and first line support for compensation and benefits (Total Rewards) queries.
(Describe the important end results of the job, i.e., what has to be achieved and why. Start with the most important and number each one separately)
RECRUITMENT & SELECTION
- Manage unsolicited applications in a professional and timely manner
- Carry out initial search & shortlisting of suitable candidates internally first and then externally through the most cost effective medium
- Devise & utilize appropriate selection criterion to assess candidates
- Liaise with recruitment agencies in sourcing suitable candidates at the secondary stage
- Coordinate all interview process to include but not limited to scheduling and inviting candidates, participating in interviews, providing feedback to candidates/agencies, updating related databases and negotiating and preparing offers
- Support & guide line managers and client population in all employees relations matters in-line with Company policies and procedures
- Ensure maintenance of effective documents throughout employee relations issues
- Keep abreast with updates on Labour laws and analyse effects on Company and Employees
- Align with shared services in managing client population health issues and medical referrals
LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT
- Align with centres of excellence to deliver training to Line Managers and Client population on a range of HR subjects
- Assist Line Managers and Client population in sourcing and evaluating appropriate learning interventions in the implementation of organisational objectives and the Company culture and Values
- Administers, evaluates and reports upon learning and development activities
- Ensures that training records are maintained by HR Adviser
- Partner with Learning & Development in the preparation and submission of annual training plans of Client population
- Support Line Managers in the management of the outputs from Talent reviews, competency mapping and succession planning, ensuring appropriate tracking and evaluation
- Support the implementation of HR strategy in-line with Organisational strategy
- Ensure delivery of effective HR support and guidance to Line Managers & Client population on a range of HR issues but not limited to employees well-being, absence management, and reward & recognition
- Assist in the development and implementation of Company policies & procedures
- Lead and implement on-boarding; support off-boarding for management cadre of client population
- Champion and drive employee engagement activities for population
- Advise on people’s implication of organisational change and make recommendations
- Lead Annual staff appraisal performance management for client population(Technical/Support departments) and on-going related HR activities and processes e.g. poor performance management
- Represent HR and Seplat at external meetings/events as required.
1. Excellent working knowledge of employment law with the ability to apply it practically to workplace situations. 2. Excellent understanding of HR best practices. 3. Experience of performance management and working within defined policies and procedures. 4. Experience with use of HR software. 5. Very good understanding of business requirements. Good standard education up to Degree level with a minimum of 10yrs experience in an oil & gas industry. Member of a HR professional body.
(Technical skills, behavioural competencies, specialized training or Defined Competencies as outlined in Seplat Competence & Training System)
Management Skills: 1. Ability to manage time, set priorities & plan workload to meet objectives. 2. Commitment to excellent customer service delivery. 3. Ability to work under pressure & meet deadlines within available time frames. 4. Commitment to the maintenance of confidentiality. 5. Good analytical skills. 6. Very Good in use of MS office packages. 7. Good numeracy skills. 8. Excellent organisational skills and ability to multi-task.
Interpersonal Skills: 1. Good oral & written communication skills. 2. Ability to collaborate with employees to achieve agreed results.3. Ability to work both independently and as an effective team player. 4. Ability to liaise & deal with networks/counterparts in other organisations. 5. Ability to work on own initiative and under pressure. 6. Able to work confidentially. 7. Competent in dealing with difficult situations. 8. Good attention to details
go to method of application »
- Perform key seismic interpretation tasks: seismic-to-well tie, velocity model analysis, evaluate depth conversion methodologies and mapping.
- Compute GRV and provide necessary input to support field development planning of producing fields, appraisals and prospects.
- Evaluate new business (technical and economical evaluations) opportunities and participate in data room exercises.
- Provide regional basin studies from seismic perspective.
- Design and update of geophysical projects and models.
- Calculate volumetrics (STOIIP, GIIP) and reserves for fields and prospects.
- Prepare relevant parts of well programme in collaboration with geologists, drilling and reservoir engineers.
- Assist in preparation of appraisal and development programmes.
- Assess subsurface risk for opportunities.
- Assess geophysical risk analysis for optimal well locations.
- Have in depth knowledge of fault, fracture detection and pore pressure prediction, and be able to incorporate such interpretations into 3D geologic models.
- Provide seismic attribute analyses to model rock properties, sedimentary facies and depositional architecture.
- Prepare and present materials as required to both internal and third parties stakeholders.
- Demonstrate good overview of all aspects of surface seismic acquisition and processing of both 3D and VSP.
- Capacity to mentor junior geoscientists and communicate effectively with peers, field staff and management.
- Have knowledge of Quantitative Interpretation (QI) methods and tools.
- Demonstrate strong teamwork skills in a multicultural environment.
Job Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Minimum qualification of BSc. in Geology/Geophysics with at least 15 years (senior) or 20 years (principal) work experience in an active operating E&P company. Higher degrees will be added advantage.
- Good working knowledge of core disciplines in petroleum geology such as Seismic, Production and Reservoir Geology.
- Excellent abilities to use modern software and all available tools.
- Exhibit excellent knowledge of well planning and operational geophysical aspects of well execution.
- Have capability to build geological models and support relevant disciplines in developing integrated models for asset management.
- Have ability to QA/QC work from other geologists as well as mentor/coach junior geophysicists.
go to method of application »
Overall Purpose of the Job:
The incumbent is expected to provide petrophysical input to asset team, to assure petrophysical deliverables and to coach fellow petrophysicists all in support of Development Planning, Well and Reservoir Management and New Oil on SEPLAT’s Operated and Non-Operated, exploration and development wells.
- Recognized authority in his/her specialist area of petrophysics.
- Contributes to the definition of data gathering strategies and helps implement Corporate Quality Assurance programs for log data acquisition.
- Ensure cost-effective logging programs and utilisation of team resources, clearly defined objectives, minimize scope change, ensure best working practices (state of the art) techniques are applied and look for innovative ways of minimizing costs without compromising objectives while maximizing value.
- Provide assistance in the selection of suitable well locations and in the preparation of well prognosis, initiate and contribute to the development of petrophysical evaluation methods, carry out Field Development planning, workover/infill drilling programs and Full Field Reviews.
- Advise and investigates new logging tools and techniques; proposes and organize where necessary field trials, evaluate results and recommends application of new technology.
- Contributes to data acquisition programs, including cores, logs, formation testing and well and reservoir monitoring.
- Work with surveillance engineers and geoscientists to identify & quantify opportunities for maximising production from developed reserves and for undeveloped reserves and by-passed oil.
- Conduct detail routine, well defined petrophysical studies to identify the presence of hydrocarbon, evaluate reservoir characteristics, associated risks and uncertainties .
- Carries out petrophysical reviews and provides specialist support for Asset Team studies including input to static and dynamic models.
- Continuous enhancement of Seplat’s petrophysical engineering practices, techniques and applications and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Coach and mentor junior petrophysicists in line with the established Technical Progression Career Plan (TPCP) for Petrophysicists.
- Represent the Company at meetings with Joint Venture Partners and host-government body to justify the data, interpretation techniques and results obtained.
Desired Skills and Experience
A minimum of 10 years petrophysical experience
Possesses BSc/MSc Degree in Applied Science or Engineering
- Logging Operations & Procedures
- Fit for Purpose Logging Programme
- Mud Logging & Hydrocarbon Identification
- Open Hole Log Interpretation
- Cased Hole Logging Interpretation
- Integrated Formation Evaluation
- Flexible Work Approach
- Multi-Tasking & Working Under Pressure to Support Active Drilling Programs
go to method of application »
Overall Purpose of the Job:
The role will provide very strong support to field development planning through building numerical reservoir simulation using Eclipse and CMG simulators, and be part of the team responsible for identification of production improvement opportunities and production optimization studies in conjunction with the production technologist, petrophysicist and production geologist in the asset development team.
The role will ensure the highest levels of competence of reservoir engineering in the asset development team to include the generation of well proposals, budget management, recruitment, retention, competency development and professional coaching and mentoring.
- Work in an integrated study team (as a member or a study team lead) where you can learn fromothers and equally contribute with your own background and experience. Make RE input into fielddevelopment plan. The required technical work will comprise but will not be limited to dynamic modelling, well/reservoir performance reviews, development options evaluation and economics.
- Directs and participates in well surveillance activities (MER, BHP etc), and reservoir definition and behavior prediction of assigned reservoir.
- Conducts conventional reservoir engineering and simulation studies to identify optimum recovery and field development options, adjusts reservoir development plans in response to changes in well and reservoir performance. Must have experience in well test interpretation, material balance modelling and performance modelling of vertical and horizontal wells.
- Recommends reservoir areas and program features for pilot studies of various oil recovery enhancement techniques (water flood, gas injection, gas lift etc). Conducts, documents and presents, field reviews, and further development proposals.
- Monitors production from existing fields, analyses all relevant data, and ensures that reservoirs are being properly managed, production is maximised and recoveries are optimal. To establish reservoir management strategies where they do not exist, and update them where they do.
- Directs and participates in defining the scope and content of reservoir studies used to assist indetermining well behavior and optimum recovery methods. Includes, establishing program specifications, reviewing available resources, preparing tender documents, reviewing and evaluating bids and monitoring study team performance.
- Provides estimates of oil and gas resources by conducting annual reserves evaluation,classification, and booking for the assigned assets, and document the report in an appropriate format. i.e Annual Review of Petroleum Reserves (ARPR).
- Prepares detailed medium and long-term production forecasts for the asset budget planning cycle.
- Prepares production testing proposals and provides guidelines for execution. Evaluates and interprets results, recommends optimum methods of performance monitoring. Must have experience in reservoir pressure & fluid sampling, fluid property modelling, routine and special core analysis.
- Reviews performance of simulation programs, new software releases and other reservoir engineering related tools and applications. Liaises with RE discipline lead and IT Support staff to test and identify appropriate packages and advises team management on the purchase or leasing of new software(s).
- Desirable to have working knowledge of gas condensate reservoir as well as gas field development experience.
- Coach and mentor assigned junior reservoir engineers and other young engineers within Seplat as required. Ability to mature successor will form a major part of this role performance KPI.
Job Knowledge and Qualifications:
As Reservoir Engineers have a broad understanding of other E&P disciplines and skills in all key petroleum engineering specialties. A university degree in Engineering or equivalent with 8 - 10 years relevant experience, including a minimum of 6 years RE work experience in an operating company. Skills in the following:
- Reservoir Simulation Model Construction
- Knowledgeable in modelling workflows including QC, and taking Earth Model to dynamic Model
- Analytical Reservoir Modelling (Material Balance analysis, DCA , PTA, BHP, etc )
- Well Modeling & Performance
- Production System Optimization
- Waterflood and Gas Injection Management
- Well/Reservoir Surveillance – data acquisition, analysis & Interpretation
- Well Planning & Execution within the context of multi-disciplinary team
- HSE considerations in well management and completion operations
- Knowledge in well delivery Operation and well Evaluation
- Field development planning & co-ordination
- Production Operation
Reservoir Engineering core skills - Skilled
People management, work and lead teams - Skilled
Strategy development - Knowledge
Stake holder engagement/relationships - Knowledge
Manage HSE and Risk - Skilled
Results oriented, commercial focus - Skilled
Method of Application
Use the links below to apply for any of the positions