Vacancy in a Multinational FMCG
Posted on: 31 August, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Manufacturing / Production / FMCG
View All Jobs at Global Profilers
Global Profilers is a Recruitment & HR Services firm specialized in recruitment in Africa; we are currently looking for a Category Development & Innovation Manager for our client who is a Multinational FMCG.
- To achieve annual business plan for the entire range of the Product Category, gained through innovation which contributes to the overall revenue target of 30% from innovation.
- To manage & lead new product development process from new product Insights & Ideation process, research, concept development, to final delivery of new product innovations on prioritized business unit initiatives.
- To drive formal consumer insight programs & research in existing and new categories that will identify key consumer benefits, unmet needs and the opportunities for sustainable value creation of the brands.
- Understand consumer behavior, competition strategy and market trends in the Product category
- Be an expert on your categories, define the product strategy and roadmap, product design and development, packaging design
- To deliver Market Requirement Documents and Product Requirement Documents with prioritized features and corresponding justification. Present clearly set out recommendations for new product concepts to the appropriate decision making group for review and approval.
- Competition tracking and analysis by features and price, channel, segment, etc.
- Prepare model wise sales planning & forecasting (Monthly, Quarterly), Responsible for market share, quantities, value and gross margin targets for the product category
- Required to design channel schemes and channel promos to drive volume/ value share in the market. Ensure proper implementation of the schemes at national/ regional/ location level
- Planning & execution of new product launches/ events for consumer/ trade.
- To support the sales team through customer demos and regular training of sales team.
- Direction setting for the distributors / Star partners & support the Key Account Manager to manage the Key Account plans. (i.e. NPD process, educate sales guys and new customers).
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 8 years experience as a Product Manager or Product Marketing Manager in Fabric care or Appliances industry
- Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent products
- Strong grasp of core marketing concepts and successful track record of their application
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at once
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams to attain business objectives
- Must have strong decision-making and problem solving skills
- Must have a sense of urgency and be deadline-oriented
- Project management experience
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Must have excellent numerical, analytical skill and forecasting skills
- Bachelor's degree (MBA preferred) with technical background
- Ability to work independently within a team environment
Method of Application
To apply for this position, click here
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Global ProfilersSimilar Jobs
- Area Sales Manager at Giant Beverages Limited
- Latest Vacancies at an FMCG Company - Mindfield Resources
- SABMiller Plc Recruitment for Maintenance Manager
- Guinness Nigeria Plc Recruitment for Supplier Performance Manager - ATL
- Sales Executives at Erisco Foods Limited
- Job Openings at Femack Food Processing
- Drivers at Erisco Foods Limited
- Senior Accountant at JMG