We are a business support services firm with a proven track record. With over 14 years providing critical business support to new and established businesses, the firm has deep, specialized support service skills. Our clientele are some of the top performing brands in Nigeria. Most of our clients have retained our services for over 14 years attesting to the depth in professional services which we continue to offer.
Our client in the logistic and forwarding industry is calling for applications from experienced Logistics Sales Manager for it's operations in Lagos. The “Sales Manager” (SM) is a commercial customer facing role that has overall responsibility for the commercial and financial development of a Premier Sales Customer portfolio, within a defined geographical scope, through promoting and selling standard Damco products.
The SM will play an active role in managing and expanding a personal customer portfolio as a function of business needs. The purpose of the role is to deliver planned levels of Business (Volume/Actual CM1)from existing and targeted Premier Customers, with a clear focus on Standard Products and predefined Trade lanes.
The Sales Manager has accountabilities in 3 main areas, namely Existing Customer Development, New Customer Development, and execution of clear OneDamco blueprint ‘ways of working’:
1. Premier Sales Existing Customer development
· Accountable for delivery of the Actual ‘Through The Till’ CM1 for the assigned Existing Premier Customer portfolio, through the sale of the company's standard products and focus on selected trade lanes, and effective Book of Business management.
· Accountable for supporting the resolution of CSO reported Premier Sales customer issues, including interventions with customers to resolve escalated issues, DSO resolutions and also ensuring commitments to volumes are met (with proactive interventions in the event of deviation from agreements, and re negotiations thereafter, where necessary)
· Accountable for ensuring that contracts / agreements for all customers within the Premier portfolio comply with the company's blueprint guidelines, are comprehensive documented, maintained and appropriately communicated to all relevant company's and external parties.
2. Premier Sales New Business Generation (should be possible to combine 1+2)
· Accountable for delivery of the Actual ‘through the till’ CM1 with a clear focus on the company's standard products and predefined trade lanes.
· Accountable for the pursuit of identified potential customers, through adoption of the company's commercial blueprint ‘ways of working, thus creating a differentiating customer experience.
· Accountable for the “UpSelling” process within the geographic territory, whereby ‘Non Controlled’ shippers and network derived sales leads are comprehensively pursued, as per the company's blueprint guidelines.
3. Premier Sales ‘Ways of Working’
· Accountable for ensuring that the company blueprint processes, guidelines, tools and procedures are adopted without exception.
· Accountable for ensuring that the PSA CRM Open sales pipeline is sufficiently robust to ensure delivery of required Actual ‘Through The Till’ CM1 targets, whilst simultaneously ensuring an adequately strong platform for delivering result performance in the coming financial result
. Accountable for ensuring that periodically introduced sales campaigns to drive focused development of the Premier Sales portfolio is execute within your geographical scope.
· 3 years + in a customer facing sales role, ideally within the logistics industry
· A good understanding of logistics and forwarding products, solutions and terminology, in the local market
· Proven track record of targeting, pursuing and winning opportunities, through both personal and collaborative selling efforts.
· Proven track record in a matrix, multicultural organisation, building strong relationships and networks both locally and internationally.
· Developed communication, persuasiveness, influencing and negotiation skills
· Has strong needs evolution and questioning skills
· Demonstrable ability to handle most common customer objections
· Self Motivated and performance driven
· Fluency in English and local language (where different)
Applications are encouraged from Sale
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.