The DfID-funded Support to the Nigeria Malaria Programme (SuNMaP) is a 7-year (2008 – 2015) effort to control malaria. This will be achieved by improving capacity of the National Malaria Control Programme (NMCP), in selected states and Local Government Areas (LGAs) and through commodity support. SuNMaP provides a unique opportunity for applying a comprehensive approach to malaria control whilst achieving rapid impact. Consequently, the project is adopting the pluralistic approach of working closely with all stakeholders especially the Government ministries, donor community, commercial sector, not-for profit agencies and civil society.
The knowledge Management and research specialist will be responsible for the planning and implementation of the outputs of the programme relating to operational research.
Specific tasks include:
- * Provide Capacity building support to National Malaria Elimination Programme and SMEPs, as well as SuNMaP technical staff in programme supported states in knowledge management related issues;
- * Provide support to the implementation of programme knowledge management systems and documentation;
- * Liaise with research groups involved in studies to ensure effective tracking of implementation in line with approved protocols;
- * Facilitate the development of study concepts, expressions of interest and study proposals;
- * Provide support to selected study groups in the development and implementation of study protocols, tools and dissemination;
- * Provide Technical Support in facilitating knowledge management and documentation activities within the project
- * Provide support to the technical director for strengthening NMEP operational research platform and coordinate activities related to programme operational research.
- • A post graduate qualification in Public Health or other related fields with a minimum of 8-years’ experience in operational research is required.
- • S/he must be conversant with health communication approaches and techniques.
- • A good understanding of the concepts and approaches which guide effective knowledge management; is essential for this post.
- • Previous hands-on experience in website and knowledge management in a similar working environment will be an added advantage.
go to method of application »
The Capacity Building Manager is responsible for coordination and support of capacity building efforts across the entire SuNMaP programme.
- • Coordinate and provide technical assistance to programme activities related to the programme’s capacity building efforts, support the identification and resolution of bottlenecks during implementation.
- • Liaise with other technical and state managers to ensure effective implementation of programme strategies relating to NMCP and Programme capacity building packages; support the programme directors in the identification of potential modification to programme strategies to ensure continuous improvement
- • In collaboration with the PTD, support the NMCP in the process of review of national capacity building strategies for the management of malaria control (e.g. general management, operational planning and plan reviews, PSM, M&E, Malaria case management e.t.c.), provide technical inputs at strategic meetings.
- • Provide technical assistance to NMCP and SMCP’s in the review and implementation of capacity building plans, provide other direct capacity support to stakeholders as may be required
- • Ensure that study quality assurance processes are in place for all programme activities, and provide periodic feedback on progress being made to programme directors.
- In addition to the specific tasks of their technical responsibilities will in consultation with the programme directors, lead technical advisors, state managers and other output managers;
- • Preparation of quarterly activity plans highlighting activities to be carried out over the period, one month prior to the commencement of the plan.
- • Develop of terms of references, participate in the consultant selection, consultant briefing/de-briefing, oversee implementation, facilitate the resolution of bottlenecks, and finalize reports for activities being carried out.
- • Ensure compliance to the programme QA process on all TA inputs and outputs.
- • Ensure the above processes (a-c) meets the peculiarities of each programme activity and activities are implemented in a well coordinated manner.
- • Responsible for tracking performance of workplan indicators and report on this in the quarterly programme progress reports
- • Excellent communication skills particularly in report writing and presentation skills; are required for this position. Hands-on experience in project and stakeholder management in a similar working environment will be an added advantage.
- • Post graduate qualifications in areas such as public health, health management and policy or related field, excellent knowledge of health system strengthening concepts and context.
- • Some qualification and / or experience of one or more of the following: adult education, teaching, curriculum development, etc.
- • Ability to work with little supervision, previous work experience at strategic level essential, strong analytical background with at least 5 years experience in a coordinating role.
- • The ideal candidate must be attentive to detail, highly organized, flexible and self- motivated with excellent communication skills in written and oral communication.
- • Must be a good team player.
- • Excellent knowledge of health system structure within the Nigerian context
- • Demonstrable proficiency in relevant computer packages such as MS office
- • He/she must clearly display the ability to perform a high degree of logical reasoning, organize work load effectively and maintain confidentiality of programme documents, data and reports.
- • Previous hands-on experience in project and stakeholder management in similar working environment will be an added advantage
Method of Application
Interested candidates, who meet the qualifications and requirements for each position, should submit an electronic copy of an application letter and CV through to email@example.com
Interviews will commence thereafter with a view to engaging the best candidates immediately. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Closing date: 26th August, 2014
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale