The USAID supported Malaria Action Programme for States (MAPS), is a 5 year project which is expected to take on the USAID mandate of improving malaria control at scale in seven states. Activities on the MAPS project has commenced in the three Nigerian States namely; Cross-River, Nasarawa and Zamfara.
Following the recent expansion of the project to three additional states: Benue, Ebonyi and Oyo; one of the implementing partners of the MAPS programme: Health Partners International (HPI), now seeks to employ professionals to coordinate the Management of Capacity Building and Monitoring and Evaluation outputs at the State level in the Program.
State Management, M&E Capacity Building Officers: x3
This position will be based in each of the MAPS States (Benue, Ebonyi and Oyo). The Management M&E Capacity Building Officer will work with stakeholders at the State and LG levels to strengthen capacity in Management, Monitoring & Evaluation for addressing malaria prevention and control in Nigeria effectively. She/he will work with the State level MAPS team and the federal level capacity building MAPS team to ensure achievement of key program outputs.
Other key responsibilities include:
• Oversee all Management, M&E Capacity Building activities carried out in the state and linked to malaria prevention and control in Nigeria;
• Ensure the State and LG stakeholders and organizations play leading roles in planning, conducting, supervising, M&E activities in malaria prevention and control as it relates to management and M&E systems;
• Assist partners to undertake a thorough gaps assessment in Management, M&E systems with regards to malaria prevention at the State and LG levels and for both rural and urban facilities;
• Provide strategic leadership at State levels to Program as it relates to all issues of Capacity Building, Management, M&E systems for malaria prevention and control;
• Assist the State Malaria Control program to develop effective harmonization of all malaria control activities at State levels and connected to capacity building in management, M&E systems;
A post-graduate qualification in Public Health or other related disciplines in health and medical sciences. She/he must have extensive experience and knowledge of Public Health, policy development and health systems reforms in Nigeria. She/he must also have a minimum of 5 years' experience in Capacity Building, Management and M&E in Public Health. Previous experience in management of Health service delivery and Primary Health care in Nigeria is essential. Good knowledge of capacity Building tools and malaria prevention and control in Nigeria or other African countries. A strong knowledge and use of project data management /analysis soft wares such as; HMIS, DHIS, EPiInfo, Epiidata, Microsoft Excel, Access, Stat or SPSS is very essential. An excellent communication skill is required for this position.
Terms and Conditions of Employment:
The appointment term will be a period of 4 years for the position, with an initial 6 months probationary period. The programme offers very competitive salary packages. Local terms and conditions will apply.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit an application letter and a copy of their recent CV through the appropriate link at www.gridconsulting.net All applications must be submitted latest Tuesday, 20th September, 2011. Please note, that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.