New Career Opportunity at Action Against Hunger (ACF)
Posted on: 6 August, 2014
Deadline: 19 August, 2014
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Action Against Hunger | ACF-Inter
Action Against Hunger | ACF-International is recruiting interested and suitably qualified candidates into the following position:
To oversee and participate in WASH (Wash, Sanitation and Hygiene) Technical Activities.
Summary of Key Objectives:
- To support WASH Technical Development Programs
- To undertake technical feasibility studies and monitor technical performance through technical audits
- To provide project designs, technical specifications and Bill of Quantities (BOQs) for the execution of WASH projects.
- To participate in Emergency Response and Relief (ERR) program on Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) in the mission.
- To Support the supervision, monitoring of WASH activities
- To visit sites and ensure quality assurance of construction being delivered and adherence to design specifications.
- To coordinate technical workshops in targeted health facilities with surrounding/close by communities (practical organisation and liaison with key persons in the communities)
- To communicate & report WASH technical activities
Qualifications & Essential Skills:
- Experience of assessing, reviewing and monitoring technical projects.
- At least 5 years relevant experience in water and sanitation programs in low income contexts
- Command of written English to produce technical documents and report in good standard
- Good verbal communication skills in Hausa and English
- Ability to maintain good working relationship with colleagues and partners
- Good IT skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, Knowledge and experience using design and drawing applications.
- Ability to critically review technical options
- Ability to creatively adopt models to suit local context
- Accuracy and keen attention to details, in order to produce high quality documents and maintain good records.
- B. Sc. /High National Diploma in Civil or Building Engineering, Hydrogeology with hand on experience in developing and adopting WASH technologies and designs.
- Experience of disaster resilience technologies, water resources management and water quality issues
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV together with their Cover Letter as an email attachment to the following email address to: firstname.lastname@example.org Applicants should indicate in the subject title of their forwarding mail, the title of the position they are applying for.
Note: Please do not attach your certificates to the application email. Any application received after Tuesday, 19th August 2014 will not be considered.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Action Against Hunger | ACF-InternationalSimilar Jobs
- Latest Jobs at The Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- Senior Health Systems Advisor at IPAS Nigeria
- Fresh Vacancies at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Regional Operations and Logistics Coordinator at Creative Associates International Inc
- Coordination and Camp Management Officers at the UN High Commissioner for Refugees
- Grants and Compliance Advisors at Oxfam Nigeria
- Consultants - Statistician at the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
- Drivers at The Danish Refugee Council (DRC)