Berger Paints Nigeria Plc is a leader in the manufacturing, development, distribution and sale of paints and coatings to professional, Industrial, commercial and retail customers in Nigeria. We operate in 5 business segements; Decorative, Industrial coatings, Marine and Protecton coatings, Automotive/Vehicle refinishes and Wood Preservers and finishes. Our portfolio includes well known brands such as Luxol,Texcote and Superstar.
The company operates its manufacturing plant and main distribution centre from Lagos Nigeria. With 18 depots, colour world centres and a countrywide distribution network of dealers/distributors in strategic locations spread throughout the country, Berger Paints Nig. Plc remains at the forefront of the paint and allied industry in Nigeria.
Berger Paints is recruiting to fill the position of:
Reports To: Head HR/Admin
Directs and coordinates human resources activities, such as Employment, Learning & Development, Compensation & Benefits, Labour relations, Performance Management and Employee services by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to accomplishment of HR best practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture.
- Propose and generate sound HR policies & procedures (aligned to company values, vision and external statutory requirements).
- Handle all human resources matters including manpower planning, recruitment, learning & development, compensation, performance management and employee welfare.
- Develop overall talent management strategy including workforce planning; recruitment, hiring; training and development and succession planning.
- Develop and monitor the process flow of performance management system to foster good Manager/Employee relations and to enhance growth.
- Manage the company’s compensation and benefits portfolio for staff.
- Assist department heads in identification of appropriate succession plans for personnel.
- Assist with organisational development and change management initiatives.
- Oversee employment law compliance and compliance to regulatory concerns.
- Handle employee relations issues.
- Oversee employee safety, welfare, wellness and health.
- Contribute to budget plan in area of responsibility.
- Working knowledge of Nigeria Labour Law.
- Knowledge of Job evaluation principles and systems.
- Knowledge of competency, performance and market based pay systems.
- Good change management skills
- Good problem solving and decision making skills
- Good people development, management and Leadership skills
- Good interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills.
Education and/or Experience
- Degree in Humanities or Social science and postgraduate degree is preferred.
- Membership of CIPMN will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 – 7 years experience in a Manufacturing company.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply by sending their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using position applied for as mail subject