Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa's financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Stanbic IBTC Bank values original thinkers with genuine insight and the team commitment that will help our clients outperform the market. As Africa’s largest and most respected bank, our Global Markets division offers you an outstanding opportunity to rapidly develop your banking talents. You will work across a range of financial instruments, operating within very different markets and countries.
Our ambitious plans now mean we are looking for a highly experienced Fixed Income Trader
Stanbic IBTC Bank is recruiting to fill the vacant position:
• To provide a routine product reporting on income statement and balance sheet and reconciliation function within the Product Control Division of Global Markets Finance
• Daily calculation of P&L, utilising market data from Market Risk and Deal Data from front end dealing system and Core Banking System.
• Daily reconciliation of the P&L and product balance sheet between front office dealing systems, core banking systems, general ledger and dealers, utilising market data from Market Risk and Deal Data from front end dealing system and Core Banking System.
• Daily reporting, analyses and investigation of P&L and product balance sheet.
• Investigation and resolution of daily P&L and balance sheet variances.
• Preparation of periodic P&L and balance sheet summaries/analyses.
• Liaison with all front office related areas (recons, front-office, back office and market risk).
• Internal client liaison.
• Ad-hoc assignments, projects and systems work.
• Design relevant business processes and system deliverables to implement new products and systems according to Global Markets Financial Control requirements.
Key performance measures
• Resolution of outstanding items within the set deadline
• Reporting of month-end intercompany balances before 12 noon of first working day of the new month.
• Daily advice of accurate trade settlement before 9am.
• Timely reporting and resolution of all general ledger differences
• Timely remittances of statutory obligations
• Ensuring that all relevant financial information is updated on a daily basis for prompt financial decision.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.