GE is an advanced technology, services and capital company with the scale, resources and expertise to take on the world’s toughest challenges. Dedicated to innovation in the areas of energy, health, transportation and infrastructure, we’re committed to leadership, integrity, partnership and human progress.
GE businesses ranging from Aviation, Capital, Oil & Gas, Energy Management, Power and Water, Healthcare, Transportation and Home & Business Solutions have operations on the African continent. Major locations include Angola, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria and South Africa. Over 1300 employees are working in the region, creating local partnerships and providing solutions & services that supports Africa’s infrastructure and sustainable growth. We are also dedicated to knowledge transfer, whether it is providing technical expertise to customers by hosting customer summits, to developing young local talent through unique programs such as the Early Career Development Program in Nigeria.
GE Oil & Gas is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Number: 1956073
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
As part of the Sub Sahara Africa region, the candidate will be responsible for leading and strategically growing our full scope of Lufkin portfolio in Nigeria and West Africa
The Sales Manager is responsible for the effective and profitable management of assigned customer accounts. In this role he/she will be primarily focused on growing and maintaining existing accounts. He/she will also work with current customers to provide value and meet service needs.
- The Oilfield Sales Manager demonstrates leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for an area or business segment. In this role you will utilize experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
- The Area Sales Manager is a player / coach role focused on growing and maintaining customer base, while coaching and mentoring the sales representatives in the field of assigned territory.
- Responsible for growth of new accounts as well as focus on maintaining existing accounts
- Work with current customers and prospects to meet desired sales and service needs
- Work with Growth Team to create sales campaigns to sell new to businesses
- Train / coach sales representatives in the assigned territory on role responsibilities
- Participate in plant visits to gather samples, observe instruments, and obtain information and analyzes / interpret results and reports any corrective actions to the customer
- Outline, present and sell the value of products and services that can benefit customer needs
- Conduct required training of operating personnel to ensure their understanding of the parameters under which their equipment operates
- Build upon internal relationships and develop strong relationships with customers
- Ensure profitability of accounts within assigned territory through proper pricing and contract management as well as service time
- Partner with peers and management to enhance selling techniques and approaches
- Coordinate relationships and interface with Commercial Operations, Technical Marketing, Product management and other functions
- Minimum of a B.Sc. degree in preferably a technical engineering qualification/degree
- A proven background in the oil & gas industry End Users, Engineering Firms and Manufacturers) of around 5 years, with a minimum of 3 years in preferably within a similar sales role
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Considerable and in-depth product knowledge.
- Prior sales experience sufficient to deal effectively with LUFKIN clients, potential clients, and other personnel.
- Ability to read, plan, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Strong, inclusive leadership skills
- Ability to deliver timely feedback to team to achieve desired impact
- Ability to reward and recognize individual and team achievements
- Ability to prioritize multifaceted, fast paced job tasks
- Able to effectively manage time and budget or expense parameters
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Method of Application
Interested candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale