Dalberg is committed to global development and innovation, and offers a variety of advisory services across the international development sector. Comprised of Dalberg Global Development Advisors, D. Capital, Dalberg Research and Dalberg Global Development Incubator, our platform provides high-level strategic, policy and investment advice to the leadership of key institutions, corporations and governments that are shaping international development. We focus on emerging and frontier markets, tackling topics such as economic development, global health, access to finance, agriculture, energy and the environment, among others. We offer outstanding individuals the opportunity to apply private sector skills to global challenges within an entrepreneurial working environment.
- You aspire to become a leader in global development by tackling global issues, from malnutrition to climate change to economic growth, ensuring no population is left behind.
- You drive the delivery of innovative and results-oriented solutions for clients and propose problem-solving, tailored frameworks that address client challenges.
- You excel in solving problems using clear strategic and creative thinking, and you want to put your skills to work – transforming organizations that fund change around the world.
- You are a passionate, committed self-starter with experience as a ‘top-performer' in a leading international management consultancy firm, a passion for international development, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Dalberg consultants live and work around the world, creating a network of local experience anchored by our offices in Africa, Latin America, North America and Asia.
- Dalberg combines ground-level insight with experience from top-tier professional services firms and leading academic institutions to create actionable solutions to the world's most pressing issues.
Typical qualifications for a Senior Consultant in Lagos :
- Masters in Business Administration or Masters in Public Administration/ Policy or PhD from a top university
- Minimum 2 years experience as a ‘top performer' in a leading international management consultancy, pre-graduate school, or a similar type of private sector experience
- Strong analytical abilities, both quantitative and qualitative
- Ability to present information in an insightful and structured manner, both written and oral
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and coach/ manage junior team members where required
- Exposure to global issues such as economic development, global health, education or the environment
- Professionalism and demonstrated experience working with senior officials in the public and/ or private sector
- Experience living and working in different cultures, time spent in developing countries strongly preferred
- Sensitivity to the political and cultural environments of international public agencies or similar complex environments
- Strong regional/in-country networks preferred
- Demonstrated fluency with English speaking and writing skills; proficiency with other languages a plus
Note: Employment in all the Dalberg offices is conditional on the candidate having or obtaining the requisite authorization to live and work in that country.
What You Will Do and How You Will Grow
- Senior Consultants provide the critical thinking and analytical horse power that drive our teams.
- Senior Consultants own work streams, apply problem-solving frameworks, and conduct rigorous analyses to answer some of the most challenging questions in development today.
- With a combination of analytical skills and social acumen, Seniors Consultants simplify complex findings, develop insightful recommendations, and structure communications that promote constructive dialogues with diverse stakeholders in the public sector, private sector, civil society, and international communities.
- Dalberg is a platform for change. Our staff is empowered to start new programs, institute best practices, and develop traditions that will define the Dalberg experience for years to come.
- Lead research and complex analyses on key development-related topics
- Develop and deliver structured communication to clients
- Coach junior team members
- Contribute to developing our partnership with clients and peer organizations
- Actively contribute towards Dalberg's firm-building initiatives
Method of Application
Please submit your application at www.dalberg.com/careers . Your application should include a resume, cover letter and a short essay. During the same recruitment period, please only apply to one position at Dalberg. This position should be the role best suited to your current professional experience and to your first preference location. You will have the opportunity to rank your next 2 location preferences within your application, in case there are openings in other offices.
In addition to your cover letter, please respond to ONE of the following questions (and limit your response to less than 500 words):
- What is one business solution to poverty that you think could help improve development outcomes?
- How can an effective, innovative solution from a developing country context be scaled to additional regions/countries to improve standards of living?
Candidates selected for interviews will be invited for a number of interviews to test their consulting skills through case questions, and to discuss their interests and experience. As the interviews progress to the second and final rounds, candidates may be asked to interview in-person at a Dalberg office.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale