Global Accelerex Limited is a leading provider of payment and business management solutions incorporated and based in Nigeria. Our business solutions help organizations across economic sectors, to effectively and efficiently manage distribution, marketing, sales, and positioning of their products and services.
- An enthusiastic, creative and highly organized Event Manager responsible for producing events from conception through completion. Organize memorable events that meet the intended goals and expectations both creatively and consistently, while impacting the target audience.
- S/he must be able to work well within budget and time limits to plan, resource, and oversee the events.
- The abilities to multitask and prioritize are essential, as this role involves overseeing details such as decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, invitee list, special guests, equipment and promotional materials.
- An enthusiastic individual with fresh ideas and the organizational skills required not to leave anything about an event to chance.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Plan event from start to finish according to requirements, target audience and objectives
- Come up with suggestions to enhance the event’s success and amplify brand visibility
- Liaise with internal customers to find out their exact event requirements with a view to satisfying their needs
- Manage, negotiate and coordinate suppliers and all event logistics (attendees, venue, catering, travel, hospitality, music and car parking)
- Proactive approach to handling issues and troubleshooting any emerging problems on the event day
- Prepare budgets and ensure adherence
- Produce post-event evaluation to inform future events
- Lead promotional activities for the event
- Ensure event is completed smoothly, and step-up to resolve any problems that might occur
- B.Sc in Marketing, Hospitality Management or related field is preferred
- At least 4 years’progressive experience.
- Proven experience as event manager
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal, multitasking and time management skills
- Skilled in project management
- Marketing techniques for event management
- Computer savvy; proficient in MS Office
- Outstanding communication and negotiation ability
- Customer-service orientation
- Enthusiastic, with a can-do spirit
- Reliable with proven ability to meet deadlines
go to method of application »
- Part of Global Accelerex’s middle management with overall responsibility for the Region.
- As business manager, you will be responsible for the profit and loss, and entire financial state of the region.
- Manage operational activities and ensure that Global Accelerex’s customers are satisfied with its services.
- Oversee performance of all staff in the region.
- Ensure prompt and efficient customer support and 100% uptime of all Point-of-Sale (POS) terminals and other payment channels.
- Constantly seek improvements and provide feedback to Management on key areas.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparing, executing and monitoring regional action plans
- Implementing quality and customer-service standards and SLAs
- Ensuring excellent level of service through acknowledgement of support requests, professional support responses and friendly communication with both external and internal customers
- Overseeing to ensure prompt resolution and closure of all assigned service tickets with resolution feedback adequately captured in the service ticket
- Supporting and contributing to all operational policies, processes and procedures
- Evaluate current sales processes and recommend improvements that will lead to better efficiency and productivity
- Providing Management and other stakeholders detailed reports regularly
- Reviewing update or feedback from Regional Support Supervisors on a day-to-day basis and taking appropriate action on reports provided
- Liaise with Relationship management and Data team to improve the Ratio of Deployed vs. Active Terminals
- Interface with the banks, NIBSS and other stakeholders (where required) to promptly resolve all issues that could impact customer service or the Company’s performance in the region
- Ensure all banks are provided with timely and detailed weekly visitation and deployment reports in line with agreed SLAs
- Any other function that may be assigned by line manager
Meet regional financial objectives by:
- Ensuring achievement of the region’s sales goals and objectives
- Generating leads and closing new deals
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status.
- Contributing regional sales information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews
- Forecasting financial requirements for the region
- Preparing an annual budget
- Analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions
Accomplish regional human resource objectives by:
- Contributing to recruitment, orientation, training and counselling employees in assigned region, in line with established HR procedures
- Conducting performance appraisals: Communicating job goals and expectations; monitoring and reviewing job contributions; enforcing policies and procedures
- Ensuring that all staff have thorough knowledge of products and services
Minimum Education and Work Experience:
- Minimum of a University Degree (preferably in Computer Science, Business Management or related courses). Additional academic qualifications would be an advantage
- Minimum of 5 years’ progressive experience in similar position especially in a financial institution.
Skills, Competencies and Requirements:
- Excellent people, relationship and stakeholder management skills
- Sales orientation
- Proven record of strong performance in driving performance and key field operations metrics
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task with great attention to details.
- Ability to inspire interpersonal effectiveness in leading teams, and effecting change.
- Experience preparing and managing budget
- Ability to articulate thoughts into clear and concise written and verbal communication.
- Ability to effectively work under pressure without supervision
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV to: email@example.com with the "Job Title" as the subject of the email.