Around the world, people, businesses and countries are striving for a better future. A future that needs power and the right conditions to succeed.
That’s why at Aggreko, we work round the clock, making sure you get the electricity, heating and cooling you need, whenever you need it – all powered by our trademark passion, unrivalled international experience and local knowledge. From urban development to unique commercial projects and even humanitarian emergencies, we bring our expertise and equipment to any location, from the world’s busiest cities to some of the most remote places on earth.
Purpose of the Job
- To support the Company on all administrative matters. To manage records, organize files, answer calls, and provide support for the entire company.
Job Accountabilities/Key Responsibilities
- Adhere to company’s QHSE policies and procedures.
- Provide daily general office management.
- Provide administrative support to Area General Manager.
- Coordinate office activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance to company policies
- Supervise administrative staff (drivers, cleaners, etc.) and divide responsibilities to ensure performance
- Manage agendas/travel arrangements/appointments etc. for staff.
- Manage and maintain Company car fleets
- Manage phone calls and correspondence (e-mail, letters, packages etc.)
- Prepare reports on expenses, office budgets, and other expenditures
- Track stocks of office supplies and place orders when necessary
- Submit timely reports and prepare presentations/proposals as assigned
Person Specification/Job Requirements
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proficient in MS Office
Aggreko place a strong emphasis on health, operational safety and environmental protection. It is a requirement and moral obligation of each employee to be actively committed and accountable for compliance to the Aggreko Health, Safety & Environmental policies, operating procedures and compliance to local legislation.
Qualifications and Experience
- B.Sc/HND/OND in Business Administration or related field.
- Prior experience as office assistant, office administrator, or handling administrative responsibilities in a related field
- Solid knowledge of office procedures.
Key Role Interactions
- Area General Manager, Area Operations Manager, Finance, Drivers, Cleaners, Operations Supervisors, HR, Technicians
- Direct Reports (if applicable):
go to method of application »
- This position is responsible for providing supervision, direction and leadership to the operations staff including the Service Team Leaders, Service Engineers, technicians.
- The role also is also responsible for maintaining QHSE compliance across all sites and leading the drive on safety culture change among staff. The role will lead client relationship management efforts ensuring that all customer complaints are proactively addressed. This will also involve delivering on Aggreko uptime commitments to clients and ensuring all fleet are timely serviced.
- This position reports directly to the Area Operations Manager.
- Plan and deliver daily site operations ensuring parts, manpower and equipment’s are in place to deliver uptime commitments to client.
- Lead client engagement and satisfaction efforts ensuring monthly review with all clients are in place. Track and close all outstanding client issues relating to the sites assigned.
- Maintain and ensure adherence to 100% compliance to service forecast providing needed resource for their achievement.
- Develop and implement proactive service management strategies covering fleet, personnel and parts
- Provide technical support to the area sales team jointly with Area Operation Manager, ensuring all sites visits are timely executed.
- Identify and lead cost savings initiatives around parts, logistics and personnel. Provide quarterly updates to AOM and follow up on submission of monthly failure reports (FR) from all sites to Jebel Ali.
- Ensure timely delivery of weekly production reports and service consumption reports to the Service Administration putting in places structures to ensure these are tracked.
- Ensure compliance with working hours policy.
- Lead Safety efforts in the area of responsibility by ensuring risks are raised, discussed and timely reported. Maintain ownership of closure actions achieving 100% of timely closure reported within a maximum of one month.
- Ensure completion of MO1and MO6 (safety bulletins) as per timelines agreed with HSE specialist.
- Ensure compliance with all Aggreko HSE policies on site, implementing procedures to track and check HSE policy adherence.
- Ensure staff are fully equipped with all relevant training around first Aid, Fire-fighting, defensive driving and all relevant skills required to operate
- Promote a safe working environment and ensure that all personnel and contractors follow site and company safety procedures and policies.
- Performance Manage all staff in area jointly with team leaders ensuring annual objectives are sets per timeline and adequate training, review and support is in place to support to support employee development.
- Ensure training and certification for all staff are in place and these are tracked for completion.
- Manage service engineers and operator resource allocation and ensure adequate productivity of resource.
- Ensure systems are in place for timely reporting of weekly service orders and monthly stock counts of all “spokes” sites and reconciliation with the ERP.
- Ensure weekly submission of “working hours” reports to HR and any other report that might be assigned by the Area Operation Manager.
- A minimum of Twelve (12) year’s relevant experience, with a minimum of five (5) years in a supervisory or management position or a position in which there was oversight and delegation of tasks associated with completion of projects.
- Minimum of University degree in Electrical or Mechanical engineering,
Required Skills / Knowledge:
- Strong technical ability in Generator Maintenance and operation is required.
- Experience in leading teams and talents development especially in a developing country environment.
- Demonstrates the ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings, electrical one-lines, logic drawings, technical manuals.
- Experience in Managing multiple sites of not less than 40Mw or similar background.
- Good knowledge of resource planning and prioritization and
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Oral and written English correspondence skills of a high standard
- Developed skills in holding self and others accountable
- Ability to manage and motivate subordinates.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.