Regional Security Manager at MTN Nigeria
Posted on: 4 June, 2014
Deadline: 13 June, 2014
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at MTN Nigeria
MTN Nigeria - The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
MTN Nigeria is recruiting to fill the below position:
- Risk & Threat Assessment - Implement risk management strategy that maximizes personnel safety from violence and the threat of violence in area of responsibility
- Personnel Security – Ensure safety of MTNN personnel on personal security such as street crime, assault, robbery, kidnap in area of responsibility
- Protecting MTNN Assets – Ensure safety of employees, business operations, premises, information, network infrastructures in area of responsibility
- Security Liaison/ Intelligence – Maintain a harmonious relationship and contacts with senior cadre of various security agencies (Police, Military, SSS, etc) in area of responsibility. Also, exploit the relationship to gain relevant intelligence information that will ensure better protection for MTNN personnel and operations.
- Training & Awareness – Train and mentor security coordinators, contract staff and other non-security specialists
- Investigations – Carry out specific investigations on wrongdoing by staff and criminal activities targeted at MTNN
- Crisis Management – Implement crisis management plan as developed by the National Security Manager
- Budgeting – Manage approved budget in area of responsibility.
- Ensure security intelligence information are collated, analyzed and applied towards ensuring the best of protection level for MTNN personnel and operations in area of responsibility
- Ensure that threat and vulnerability assessments are carried-out, at a period interval, and appropriate remedial actions advised, implemented and sustained.
- Ensure that security policies and procedures developed by the National Office are implemented in area of responsibility.
- Ensure that approved Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) are implemented in area of responsibility.
- Ensure that all incidents are investigated, and all investigations are reported to the National Office using approved reporting template for uniformity
- Ensure high quality inter-departmental liaison
- Implement department standard quality control measures and department Key Performance Indicators(KPIs)
- Monitor and ensure that all security service providers discharge their responsibilities per contracts in area of responsibility
- Carry-out all other lawful tasks as may be assigned in the course of duty in area of responsibility.
- Normal MTNN working conditions.
- Extra hours and weekend work will be required
- At least 8 years work experience comprising:
- Senior command experience in security force (military, police, security service).
- 6 year’s managerial/Supervisory experience in corporate security environment.
- Record of accomplishment in security management.
- Essentials of Security Management (Core)
- Fraud Control and Investigations (Basic, Intermediate)
- Security Survey and Reviews
- Presentation & Report Writing Skills
- Crisis Management (Basic, Intermediate)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about MTN NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- Wincor Engineers at Ark Technologies Limited
- RAN Support Engineer at Airtel Nigeria
- Career Opportunities at MTN Nigeria
- Operations Manager (VAS) at a Mobile Solutions Company - eRecruiter Nigeria Limited
- Help Desk Officer at AppZone Limited
- Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology (MEST) Incubator Program
- Data Services Analyst (Nigeria) at Asoko Insight
- Western Union Recruiting for AML Compliance Officers