State Programme Monitoring, Evaluation & Reporting Officer at WaterAid
Posted on: 14 May, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at WaterAid
WaterAid is an international organisation whose mission is to transform the lives of the poorest and most marginalised people by improving access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene. Through their partners, they have reached 2 million people with safe water and 3 million people with sanitation last year.
Pay band: Grade D
Contract Type: 2 year fixed term (renewable) Reports to: State Programme Lead
Budget responsibility: None
Travel: 60% travel to field locations within the state
- WaterAid Nigeria has recently completed its 2016-21 Country Programme Strategy, which sets a 5-year building block towards delivering a more influencing-led programme over a 15-year horizon
- This new country strategy, rather than reflect a progression from previous country programme strategies, outlines key shifts in focus required to catalyse change and achieve maximum impact for our work in Nigeria
- The recalibration of WaterAid Nigeria’s structure and programming architecture has placed the state as the focus of our work to maximize impact.
- The State PMER Officer will drive the collation and management of quantitative and qualitative data required to monitor progress of WaterAid work against agreed plans and priorities in the state
- The role will build collaborations with internal and external stakeholders and partners (state government, LGA and community level) to assure that the quality of data generated by these partners for periodic reporting on programme implementation to WaterAid and grant funders is a credible measure of programme performance.
- Support full implementation and integration of global PMER requirement and standards across all areas of WANG’s work; make regular inputs to project centre as may be required.
- Liaise with WA Nigeria Central Office PMER team to develop reporting templates and tools to support partners / stakeholders (RUWASSA, LGA-WASH departments, communities) and provide high-quality reports on programme performance in the state; build capacity of institutional and community partners to use these tools for effective reporting and supervise regular data collection from partners.
- Ensure that data collection and reporting processes and tools align with national protocols and architecture for reporting WASH sector data.
- Actively support the execution of Post Implementation Monitoring Surveys (PIMS) and verification exercises to measure functionality of WASH assets provided through WaterAid support in the state.
- Generate data required to shape advocacy, campaigns and influencing activities targeted at improving WASH access in the state.
- Be accountable for ensuring grant donor reporting timelines are met through the timely submission of high-quality inputs from the state team; clean up and aggregate data received from communities and LGAs before they are added to programme reports from the state.
- Actively participate in the conduct of research / evaluations and engaging with consultants on the analysis of results and quality of reports where required.
- Develop protocols and build collaborations for the use of these or recording, managing and preserving data generated from the state programme in a safe and accessible way.
- Collaborate with the state team colleagues to prepare and submit periodic reports (monthly, quarterly, bi-annual and annual reports), the annual output verification exercise and other monitoring exercises.
- Provide first-line monitoring of facility /infrastructure construction in the state; ensure up-to-date data on functionality of WASH facility constructed with WaterAid support is available in real time.
- Contribute to the generation of lessons learned, case studies and stories from the monitoring of programme activities in the state.
- University Degree/qualifications with strong statistics component or similar in Statistics
- Three (3) years work experience, of which at least two would ideally be in a local / international NGO or research centre performing a role with strong M&E component
- Strong competence in the use of Demonstrable understanding of development programme management approaches
- Prior experience working in the WASH sector would be a distinct advantage
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to convey complex information clearly and persuasively
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Commitment to WaterAid values and a working style that reflects these.
- Experience working on a donor grant funded project
- Knowledge of UNICEF’s reporting requirement.
Location Enugu Application Link
Location Bauchi Application Link
Method of Application
- To apply for this role you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in Nigeria
- Only candidates shortlisted for interviewing will be contacted within two weeks of the closing date for applications.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about WaterAidSimilar Jobs
- Job Opportunities at Action Against Hunger
- Job Opportunities at Palladium Group
- ASI West Africa Limited Security & Operations Manager at Adam Smith International
- Procurement Coordinator at Save the Children Nigeria
- Site Planner at the International Organization for Migration
- Service/Quality Improvement Consultant (NCDs) at Jhpiego Nigeria
- Latest Jobs at Youngstars Foundation
- Latest Jobs at The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)