Save the Children Organization, is the leading independent organization creating lasing change it the lives of children in over 120 countries around the world. Recognized for our commitment to accountability, innovation and collaboration, our work takes us into the heart of communities, where we help children and families help themselves. We work with other organizations, governments, non-profits and a variety of local partners while maintaining our own independence without political agenda or religious orientation. Save the Children’s mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Save the Children is looking for experience development professionals to work within the Nigeria Country Programme.These roles mill be critical for the delivery of results for children expected by this programme.
Save the Children Organization is recruiting to fill the vacant position of:
The primary responsibility of the WASH (Water Hygiene and Sanitation) Adviser is to provide technical oversight to all WASH interventions to the ‘Stop diarrhoea initiative’ project implemented in 4 Local Government Areas (LGAs) of Lagos State.
- Candidate mast have a Bachelors’ degree in health or environmental science; additional qualification in environment science,Public health or any related field is essential;
- S/he should have at least 7 years’ work experience working in WASH in government structures, Local NGOs or INGOs and experience of working with local communities in implementing WASH intersections is essential;
- S/he should have a commitment to gender equity, child rights, community empowerment, and grassroots development approaches;
- Computer literacy skills — MS Office applications,Word,Excel,PowerPoint,Spread sheets;
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills.
go to method of application »
- The Primary purpose of thin assignment into oversee the Child Health project in Lagos state.
- S/he will take the lead in ensuring the smooth roll out and implementation of the new Child health project focusing on stopping preventable deaths from diarrhea in 4 Local Government Areas (LGAs) of Lagos state within framework of the WHO/UNICEF 7 point Plan, working in collaboration with Lagos State Ministry of Health, Local Government health departments, and other relevant ministries.
- S/he mill provide technical leadership in the area of child health while coordinating with other partners involved in child health activities such as UNICEF,WHO and other partners at a strategic level.
- Candidates should have a minimum of a Bachelors’ degree in health with 7-8 years’ experience in related field or a Postgraduate qualification in Public Health with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in related field;
- Additional skills in basic clinical and public health qualifications is essential;
- S/he should have not least 5 years health programme management experience with l/NGO and very good understanding of national health policies and strategies, programmes and stakeholders on Child Health in Nigeria;
- S/he should have very good understanding of child survival issues, childhood immunizations, immunization programming and common childhood illnesses iv Nigeria; clinical experience in Paediatrics or Community Paediatrics in Nigeria;master trainer/ToT on IMNCI and CCM and analytical & research skills would be an added advantage;
- Computer literacy skills — MS Office application,Word, Excel,Power Point,Spread sheets;
- Strong Facilitation and presentation skills.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should kindly send their CV and covering letter , explaining why they are suitable for the job to: Nigeriavacancy@savethechildren.org State position clearly in the subject field as applications without appropriate subject will be disqualified. Also, applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale