Vacancy at Nigerian British Chamber of Commerce
Posted on: 9 May, 2014
Deadline: 16 May, 2014
View Jobs in Professional / Social Associations
View Jobs posted same day
Nigerian British Chamber of Commerce - A vacancy has arisen in a bilateral Chamber of Commerce for the position of:
- Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and also conformance to reporting procedural standards
- Compute taxes, prepare tax returns and ensure compliance with payment, reporting or other tax requirements
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments and additionally obligations, to project future revenues expenses or to provide advice
- Manage the financial systems across the chamber and ensuring an open and effective link between accounts, payable, receivables, capital expenditure among others to provide accurate financial statements and reflect the chamber’s true position financially.
- Responsible for statutory reporting, treasury management (working capital management and investment analysis) and financial review of growth opportunities.
- Develop, maintain, and also analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs – variance analysis
- Develop, implement, modify, and also document recordkeeping accounting systems, making use of accounting software
- Survey operations to ascertain accounting needs as well as to recommend, develop, or maintain solutions to business financial problems
- Advise the Council about issues like resource utilization, tax strategies, and also the assumptions underlying budget forecasts
- Provide internal auditing services for the business and liaising with external auditors to ensure efficient and effective audit is process carried out.
- Provide advice in areas like compensation, employee health care benefits, the design of accounting or data processing systems, or long-range tax plans
- Represent the chamber before tax authorities and provide support on all financial issues
- Maintain an excellent relationship with all statutory bodies and ensure the chamber’s compliance with stated regulations.
- Appraise, evaluate, and also inventory all chamber assets
- Chartered Accountant with ICAN with a minimum of 5 years working experience in a similar role
- Masters degree in Accounting is an added advantage;
- Experience in accounting, as well as tax and financial management;
- Computer proficiency with experience in using at least one accounting software;
- Excellent understanding of general accounting principles as well as International Financial Reporting Standards; and
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Method of Application
Qualified candidates should send their CVs to: email@example.com on or before the 16th of May 2014
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Administrative Executive at the Institute for Tourism Professionals
- Field Coordinator at Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI)
- Secretary at the Institute of Credit Administration
- Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE) Recruitment for Executive Secretary