Why Halliburton? How about global opportunities, interesting work within small cohesive teams, extensive training, and the opportunity to take your career wherever you want it to GO, with all the support and stability of a truly global organization. With more than 72,000 employees in approximately 80 countries, Halliburton is one of the largest and most respected energy services companies in the industry. Since 1919, our customers have relied on our industry-leading technologies, scientific expertise and, most importantly, our knowledgeable and experienced professionals to help them meet the world's demand for energy. Whether you are a new graduate seeking your first job, or an experienced professional looking to make a career change, we have fantastic opportunities across our organization. Are you ready to GO?
Location: (W037) LGC Lagos, Plot 90 Ajose Adeogun Street, Victoria Island, Lagos, LAG
Contract Type: Regular
Working Time: Full-time
Internal Job Title: HC162-ESG-Field Prof-RT Geomechanics, II
Reference Code: NB00265677_EXT_000
Start Date: 05/07/2014
- Under direct supervision, prepares and deploys real-time geomechanical modeling applications in the field and office environment.
- Provides recommendations to the client that aide in the prevention or elimination of formation fluid influx, drilling fluid loss and wellbore instability.
- Participates in the quality control processes defined by the practice and interacts with other technical professionals to ensure modeling solutions are timely, robust and of exceptional quality.
- Promotes safety awareness and environmental consciousness.
- Ensures compliance with Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) regulations and guidelines.
- Promotes and takes an active part in quality improvement processes.
- Skills typically acquired through completion of undergraduate degree in engineering or geoscience and at least 1 years of experience in drilling operations.
- Graduate degree in engineering or geosciences preferred.
- Knowledge of onshore and offshore drilling practices is required.
- Ability to demonstrate technical aptitude to standards is required.
- Must possess good communication, supervisory, interpersonal leadership, good verbal communication, presentation, technical writing, arithmetic, data entry, and recording skills. Proven competency in relevant computer software including Drillworks.
- Must possess relevant offshore certificates as required.
- Experience using data transfer systems such as WITS and WITSML.
- Must be able to explain and apply pore pressure, in situ stress, and rock mechanical property modeling into regional and field level interpretation under general supervision.
- Able to generate basic pre-drill pore pressure and geomechanics solutions to be utilized for well planning applications.
- Can support geomechanically dependent drilling operations and make reasonable recommendations for optimal well construction.
- Certifiable knowledge in one core G&G application and able to support some sub-products (poststack/pal, tdq, rave, earthcube, contour assistant, compass, wellplan, Sun, SGI, and IBM workstations).
- Some systems support capability for the geoscience and engineering professions, ability to work in client server environment.
- 3+ years of UNIX / PC knowledge.
- Proven competency in 1D Pore Pressure and In situ Stress Modeling using Drillworks (Role Model), 2D Wellbore Stability Modeling using Drillworks (Proficient), Compartment Pressure modeling using Drillworks Safe Seal (Proficient), WITS & WITML Connections with outside vendors (Role Model), prepare and present project results (Proficient), and provide sales support for real-time and pre-drill projects (Proficient).
- Locations may be remote and physically challenging; Fear of flying, water or heights would disqualify a potential applicant.
- Should be able to teach and mentor Drillworks Standard software package at various locations.
go to method of application »
Location: (W025) HONL Port Harcourt NG, Plot 158, Trans Amadi, Port Harcourt, RIV
Contract Type: Commuter/Rotational
Internal Job Title: BD14-ESG-Tech Prof-Baroid, Prin.
Reference Code: NB00264079_EXT_000
Start Date: 05/06/2014
- Opportunities abound in the wellbore management department of Halliburton's Baroid division.
- If you are an experienced Senior Technical Professional with a thirst for more administrative responsibilities, consider advancement to the Principal Technical Professional level.
- The expectations and requirements unique to the job are yours to communicate to field personnel, for whom you will have both remote and direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Educate personnel on the specifics of operations and of any potential related risks. Work closely with the appropriate Sales Representatives to keep them up to speed on the project.
- Ensure all necessary equipment is available and fully operational.
- Visit the rig site as required for preparation of work, to conduct training, and to provide on-location guidance to Field Service Representatives and Service Supervisors.
- Ensure that a post-well audit is delivered to the client in a timely manner - and prepare for rewarding possibilities.
- A bachelor's degree is preferred for this position.
- Requirements include a minimum of two years experience in the Senior Technical Professional role, including management experience.
Method of Application
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale