GE Oil & Gas is a world leader in advanced technologies and services with 43,000 employees in more than 100 countries supporting customers across the industry—from extraction to transportation to end use. Our unrelenting commitment to the environment, health and safety, quality and integrity defines us: it’s The Way We Work.
We develop smart solutions for our customers across the oil and gas value chain delivering the innovation, customized service solutions, training programs and technology that helps them to maximize their efficiency, productivity and equipment reliability.
GE (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing, GE works.
GE Oil & Gas is recruting for the position of:
Job Number: 1946532
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
The Subsea Lead Systems Engineer has local Engineering Management responsibility for the Execution Phase of an Engineering/Procurement/Construction Subsea Project. Reporting directly to the EPC Project Engineering Manager, this is a senior level role working in a high profile function of GE Oil & Gas.
- Delivery of all engineering and technical aspects of an EPC project
- Manages the overall Project Engineering budget and schedule
- Development and implementation of the Project Engineering Execution Plan
- Responsibility for system definition, field layout and flow assurance
- Ensures all System Interfaces are professionally managed
- Manages system verification and validation including System Integration Testing and Technical Assurance
- Project Technical Risk Management
- Ensures diligent control of the Technical Change process
- Provides regular reporting of Project Engineering status to the Project team, to the client, and to other stakeholders
- Delivers professional handover of all engineering aspects to the Services Organisation
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or business is preferred
- Chartered Engineer or PE certification is preferred
- Project Management/Engineering Management experience of Subsea project execution
- Domain expertise across at least 2 of the following (one at ‘expert’ level): Hydro-mechanical, Electrical & power, Software/Electronic, Marine/Structural
- Practical knowledge of at least 3 aspects of the Subsea Systems Engineering Lifecycle: NPI, Tender development, Project Engineering, SIT, commissioning, and operations
- Technical expertise across at least 2 of the following product lines (one at ‘expert’ level): Trees, PCS, Manifolds, Well Control & Intervention, Subsea Power & Processing.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Masters or Bachelor degree in Engineering or science based discipline
- Ability to create and lead multi-disciplined, geographically dispersed teams
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills
- Ability to synthesize information, identify problems, establish facts and deduce solutions
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills
- Prior mechanical/electrical systems design, operation and modeling experience
- Prior experience with GE documentation system, practices and requirements (GE employees only)
- Ability to sort through information and make timely and sound decisions
- Six Sigma training is preferred
- Ability to consistently produce high quality work in a production environment
- Able to prioritize work, and communicate openly in stressful situations
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Method of Application
Interested candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale