Since 1979, we have helped people grappling with the toughest hardships survive — and then thrive. That’s the heart of our approach: We help communities turn crisis into opportunity.
Throughout our history, Mercy Corps has demonstrated innovation, timeliness and the ability to adapt quickly to changing realities.
Mercy Corps Nigeria (Abuja) is looking for a qualified, innovative & forward thinking entrepreneur or business enterprise to provide its office with canteen and catering (optional) services it needs in its Abuja office as follows:
Define and develop a snacks & meals menu adapted to the requirements of MC Abuja
Develop a "business plan" of healthy meals and catering services to meet the specific needs of MC Abuja (healthy meals: snacks, sandwiches, rice, swallows, hot drinks, pastries, croissants and catering: coffee break, tea break, lunch, etc)
- Given the above, and given that the chosen service providers will not pay fees to Mercy Corps. However the service provider accepts full liability during the course of this agreement and after, the former shall make proposals for preferential prices compared to the market price. The Vendor shall use the local cafeteria for service primarily (healthy meals and catering) and finishing production eventually (packaging, presentation, available on trays)
- The number of staff working on the premises is approximately 60 people. However, MCN Abuja does not guarantee minimum service revenue under the operation of the premises to be made available.
- The restaurant will be for the exclusive use of members of staff. In addition, consultants, other service providing companies and visitors to MCN Abuja will be allowed to benefit from the rates offered by the provider.
- The Vendor or shall in no case use the premises and/or the facilities made available for personal services.
- The Vendor will be valid for a period of six months and renewable in six months period with a maximum of four (4) renewals.
- The food shall be prepared at an offsite facility that meets all the local regulatory and MC Health and safety requirements and is transported to be served at the office premises.
- Provisions for food warming and minor pre-service preparation station will be available.
The Selected Vendor will provide all the following services:
- Prepare and serve food items for sale to staff daily (Monday to Thursday 10:00 am – 2:00 pm/Friday 9:00 am – 11:00 am) however it is important to note the office closes by 12 noon on Fridays
- Be eligible to bid when the request for proposals to provide catering services occur as this will not be considered a conflict of interest
- Provide a variety of food and drinks in order to appeal to both local and international team members
- Supplies: Vendor shall provide good quality reusable cups, bowls, plates, utensils as well as napkins and condiments required to serve the food and beverages to staff. The vendor will also be required to keep the kitchen and workspaces neat & tidy at all times.
- The Vendor is requested to provide sample menus with price indications for both breakfast and lunch. This should be indicated on the Price Schedule on Appendix B. ( to be included in the financial proposal in a separate envelope) In addition; The Vendor should also provide an additional proposed menu of their own creation which should indicate the variety provided for one week (Monday to Friday).
- It is the responsibility of the Vendor to collect monies for sale and manage any credit services put in place.
- Have its own logistics for the transport and delivery of its foodstuff to the MC Abuja.
The Vendor will provide:
Cafeteria services five (5) days per week, (optional) Monday through Friday (except for holidays observed by the Country) as follows: Breakfast/Lunch options: 11:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Vegetarian food option - The Vendor will be expected to provide one vegetarian selection per day
Upon request, Cater special meetings, events & conferences subject to submission and approval of associated budget & menu
Timeframe / Schedule:
This Food vendor consultancy will be for a period of 6 months with two vendors to be chosen to provide services on a rotational basis.
The Vendor will work with:
Senior HR Manager, Operations Manager & Logistics Officer
The Vendor will work closely with:
Operations, Human Resources, programs and Finance team members
Proposed Start Date: 1ST February 2019
Method of Application
Applicants should send:
- A sample menu
- Company profile inclusive of registration details
- Project plan (in PPT or Word) of how they would set up & manage services provided to MCN Abuja
All documents should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 15th January 2019.
- All applications must include the advert title in the subject line.
- Mercy Corps strongly believes in equal opportunities for both genders, therefore, applications from women are highly welcome