At Altara, our mission is simple: to improve the lives of Nigerians. To do this, Altara and its dedicated team seek to tackle a critical challenge in Africa – access to payment solutions that make product prices more digestible.
The Logistics Lead is a team leader responsible for the efficient and effective management of the supply chain, inventories or fleet assets, and distribution outlets.
S/he would be working with the Showroom Lead and Internal Operations Lead in building a relationship with and transacting businesses with manufacturer and supplier companies to facilitate smooth sourcing and distribution activities.
“A Logistics Lead”. In this capacity, you will be responsible for organizing the storage and distribution of products. Logistics lead will ensure that the right products are delivered to the right location on time. This lead will be involved in transportation, stock control, warehousing and monitoring the flow of products. Understanding the supply chain is very important for this role to ensure effective coordination and collaboration with suppliers of products and manufacturers as well.
Further responsibilities include:
- Strategically plan and manage inventory levels, warehouse, delivery times and transportation costs
- Direct, optimize and coordinate full order cycle
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency
- Allocate and manage showroom needs by efficiently managing product orders
- Arrange warehouse, catalog goods, plan routes and process delivery.
- Prepare monthly logistics budget
- Implement health and safety procedure and work on new supply strategies
- Supervise, coach and train warehouse workforce
- Maintain KPIs and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvement
- Prepare Monthly logistics and warehouse budget.
- S/he plans and coordinates warehousing and transportation of goods/stocks in the supply and distribution chain.
- Providing progress reports & issue reports to management
- Create and maintain a consistent budget across all stores
- Ensure shipping from suppliers to our various showrooms is operating efficiently and hitch free.
- Ensure all products from suppliers are tested and confirmed okay before they are lifted from suppliers.
- Oversee and make sure that personnel is available to move/lift goods up and into the showroom/store from the delivery van.
- Coordinating the movement of goods into and out of the company, making sure that the right number of goods ordered is moved to the right locations and to the right persons at the scheduled time
- Ensure Vehicles are in good condition: Tracking history of vehicle servicing, part replacement and repair work making sure vehicle(s) are in perfectly serviceable and working condition.
- Fuel consumption trend, history, and forecast are also properly tracked and recorded for reference.
- Accidents, should they occur, are reported, fixed in good time and promptly paid for.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management or any related course from an accredited university
- Excellent written, interpersonal, communication and persuasion skills
- Strong mathematical skills.
- 2 years’ experience in the role or similar role.
- Commitment to achieving performance goals
- Great at time management, multitasking, and prioritizations skills.
Branch Office: Ibadan – Role will require domestic travel.
go to method of application »
We are looking to hire a “ Junior Business Analyst”. This is a role where you will report directly to the Performance Optimization Lead and senior management. In this capacity, you will be aligned with all organizational groups, such as internal operations, accounting, admin & finance, people operations, and customer service, and you will partner with these teams to help them achieve their goals.
- Developing strategic partnerships with organizational groups within the company to ensure effective and efficient business environment.
- Working with all organizational group to fully understand the day to day operations of each, and help flag operational challenges and propose to find solutions.
- Developing and implementing strategies to achieve set company sales targets.
- Connecting with diverse business units to outline solutions to business needs and document business details.
- Collaborate and work closely with cross-functional business partners to identify gaps and structure problems.
- Designing and building reports and analyses in Excel.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s degree (B.Sc.) with a minimum of a second class upper (2.1) in accounting, economics, business administration or management information system.
- 2 years or less of work experience.
- Demonstrated leadership potential outside of work.
- A strong passion for learning with outstanding analytical aptitude.
- Adaptability, ability to work in a team environment.
Headquarters: Lagos – Role may require some domestic travel
Method of Application
If interested, please send an email to email@example.com containing:
Your resume (1-page max)
A short paragraph as to why you are interested in the role (Half a page)
In 5 bullet points, choose 5 individual responsibilities (listed above) and express why you would excel in the role with an example of your most recent achievement or project you have completed in the past to support each point.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted