For years, Cisco's vision has been to change the way the world works, lives, plays, and learns. Our vision is more relevant today than ever. We made the Internet what it is today. First, we focused on creating connectivity. Now, we're entering the Internet of Everything transition—an era where we'll help create unprecedented value by connecting the unconnected.
The Internet of Everything is a global industry phenomenon that is driving the biggest market transition for Cisco and our customers. This includes the intelligent connection of people, process, data, and things. It's where everything is converged on the Internet, making networked connections more relevant and valuable than before.
To help us bring this vision to life, join us in our exciting journey
Purpose of the Job:
• Developing and executing sales strategies and tactics that maximize Cisco opportunities within the customer environment. Build executive relationships within client base - articulates Cisco product and business strategies, creates the demand and lead customer discussions to advance the sales process. Work independently to meet agreed targets and develop sales plans for the accounts in line with company strategy.
• Develops and executes sales strategies and tactics that maximize Cisco opportunity within the customer environment. Run accounts such as Federal Government of Nigeria and its agencies
• Along with sales planning, this position is responsible for accurate forecasting.
• Direct customer contact comprises a major portion of this role
• Presents and leads customer discussions to advance the sales process.
• Responsible for motivating and developing the Systems Engineers, and Systems Engineering Manager.
• Defines, communicates and implements the Go to Market strategy for allocated segment - ensure that sales targets are met or exceeded in marketplace.
• Builds and leads a world-class team – hiring, training and development, coaching and performance management.
• Builds executive relationships within client base - articulates Cisco product and business strategies, creates the demand and leads customer discussions to advance the sales process.
• Ensures a high degree of Customer satisfaction with Cisco products and services
• Develops and delivers accurate revenue forecasts in line with business objectives. Interacts with other Cisco teams (AS, CA, Cisco Capital, Verticals), to effectively leverage the Cisco value proposition
• Applies knowledge/skill to a range of activities; acts as a source of expertise for others in own product/sales area.
• Proactively acts to understand client needs and identity solutions to non-standard tasks.
• Actively creates business opportunities.
• Works independently to meet agreed targets
• Develops sales plans for own accounts in line with company strategy,
• Influence management to achieve their sales goals
Qualifications and Experience:
• Requires a minimum tertiary qualification in a technical discipline or equivalent
• 3-5 years sales experience in high growth Technology Company
• Sales experience of the public sector environment, ideally proven track record of sales results with local government
• In-depth knowledge of the workings of the public sector
• Good Cisco product and solutions knowledge and experience
• Very patient – to cope with long lead cycles
• Ability to develop relationships within government
• Outstanding selling skills
• Self-starter - creating sales opportunities
• Multi-tasking ability
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Strong presentation skills
• Strong networking skills
• Influencing skills at senior government levels – existing PS relationships helpful
• Source of Cisco expertise for their clients
• Identify solutions for their clients – aligned with government strategic objectives
• Demonstrated competence in using a variety of selling techniques.
• Strong target orientation
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Has developed expertise in own sales area
• Relationship management skills
Interested applicants should click here to apply online.
“At Cisco, we create a culture where everyone is welcome, valued, respected and heard; where our employees can contribute to their full potential in pursuit of Cisco’s vision and objectives. Through this culture of inclusion and diversity we help to create a great place to work for employees and an intense focus on our global customers and shareholders. From this we gain a better understanding of the world—and the differences in its people. We achieve more together and change the way we work, live, play, and learn.”