Our Client is an emerging conglomerate with strong presence in the oil and gas sector and a strategic focus on growing a diversified business portfolio spanning all critical sectors (manufacturing, agriculture, mining and distributive trade etc).
The Group is transitioning from largely entrepreneurial to a more institutional governance mode, to enable effectiveness in managing an expanding business portfolio and the challenge of implementing an ambitious growth strategy. These developments have combined to create exciting career opportunities at executive leadership, operational management and professional level position.
1.) Job title: Accountant
Job Ref Code: P019
The focus of this role is to promote sound financial management and accounting practices and ensure accurate analysis, documentation and reporting of financial transactions to enable effective decision-making and management of the divisional operations.
* Maintains the general ledger and the transaction management processes of the company
* Analyses business and financial performances
* Prepares periodic internal management reports and variance analysis
* Prepares the annual statutory financial reports
* Collates and analyses inputs into the preparation of annual budgets
* Monitors and reports on budget performance
* Reviews and reconciles operational expenditure against budget
* Reviews and determines the costs of the business processes and services
* Undertakes profitability analysis to gauge cost effectiveness of business operations
* Reconciles revenue accounts
* Analyses and determines the product cost structures and margin contribution to profit
* Liaises with internal and external auditors
* Assists in the preparation of comprehensive, proactive and timely cash flow statements and bank reconciliation statements
* Prepares and maintains the fixed asset register
Job Skills and Competencies
Good at analyzing and resolving complex financial problems, the person must be competent in the use of computers to enhance work performance, self-motivated, diligent, and enthusiastic with strong business orientation. The person must be very good at capturing and reporting data able to pay attention to details.
Education and Experience
* First degree with a professional certificate – ACA, ACCA
* Minimum of 6 years relevant experience
* A post graduate degree will be an added advantage
Job Ref Code: P020
The role makes a significant contribution to the continuous improvement of the Group’s business control policies and processes by monitoring, evaluating and promoting compliance behaviour.
* Assists in planning and participates in carrying out routine audit of the Group’s business operations
* Conduct special investigations
* Analyzes issues and raises audit queries
* Prepares audit reports
* Monitors and reports on the implementation of audit recommendations
* Conducts routine and periodic check on business unit activities
* Participates in the development and implementation of internal audit plans and programmes
* Participates in the review and upgrade of the Group’s business control policies and procedures
* Assesses compliance with laws, regulations and code of business practices
Job skills and Competencies
The person must demonstrate good knowledge of business drivers and risk/control factors in a multi-business environment, strong analytical skills, ability to communicate effectively and competence in the use of computers to deliver work efficiently.
Education and Experience
* First degree in accounting, finance and economics or related discipline
* Professional certificate (i.e ACA, ACCA) is an advantage
* Minimum of 5 years post qualification experience in a multi-national manufacturer
Customer Care Executive
Job Ref Code: P021
This position ensures that customers receive high quality services and issues are resolved in a timely and satisfactory in line with Group’s customer care strategies
* Implements Customer service policies, procedures and standards for all business unites of the Group
* Keeps up to date with changes and improvements with the Group’s products and services, and informs customers accordingly
* Monitors operations in all business units to ensure that customers receive excellent service
* Log customers’ complaints, and acts to ensure prompt resolution
* Escalates major customer complaints such as security, theft, accident issues to the Head of department
* Works with the Human Resource department to organise programmes to train staff on high level customer service delivery
* Maintains effective relationships with existing and potential customers in the most effective, efficient and professional manner
* Maintains relevant hard and electronic copies of customer files
* Provides weekly report on all activities to the Head – Customer Care
Skills and Competencies
Good under time pressure and able to take and provide feedback in a pleasant and positive manner, the person for this job must have good interpersonal, problem solving and computer service skills and sound grasps of the Group’s business philosophy, products and services, skills
Education and Experience
* First degree in Marketing, Business Administration or a Social Science discipline
* Membership of professional bodies in customer care e.g. Customer Care Institute
* 3 years experience in the customer service function of a similar organisation.
Application Deadline: 21st June 2011
Method of Application
If you meet the requirements above, please forward your application and a copy of your resume electronically to email@example.com quoting the relevant reference code for the position applied at the right-hand corner.