Cyclofoss Technologies Limited is a young and growing Information Technology (IT) company based in Lagos, Nigeria, that provides IT solutions and services for our clients. We also operate community and social media web sites in a number of categories. With a flexible and scalable platform, we operate a rapidly growing network of websites, web-based, and software products that offer consumers the ability to access and share information through extensive online communities.
We recognize that our continued success as a company depends largely on the collective strengths of our employees.
Cyclofoss is seeking to fill the position below:
- Cyclofoss is seeking passionate Content Writers / Editors. This general-assignment role will cover breaking news for a constantly-updated news platform, mobile applications and the Social Media channels. The writer would cover general breaking news locally and Internationally.
- A qualified candidate would bring both enthusiasm, and ability to obtain and analyze news, dig through public records, and reach out to a diverse array of sources and then write stories with the readers' perspective in mind. While the candidate might cover day to day news developments in all categories, the prime responsibility is to find revealing and breaking news stories for our news websites.
The ideal candidate would be writing for the web / print and engaging the audience via social media.
Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Must be a disciplined self-starter who can generate a large story count on a daily basis, while creating and maintaining important contacts.
- Must be able to write and edit stories while working under deadline pressures
- Manage daily coverage of the top stories especially in Entertainment industry.
- Monitor the Web at-large, TV Stations and Print publications for stories and source materials
- You have to be quick and resourceful in the field.
- We thrive on unique content and approaching stories in a way unlike anyone else.
- Ability to develop and maintain news sources.
- Aggressive attitude with a strong desire to advance in the broadcasting media.
- Quick learner who is fully committed to meeting the challenge
- Ability to dig up stories
- Multi-tasking pro: Ability to be organized with the capability to concentrate on more than one event at a time, able to follow written and verbal instructions under supervision.
- Proven ability to work under pressure to meet daily/weekly deadlines.
- Ability to be precise and accurate in writing.
- Monitor news on a daily basis.
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Plan and research future stories for use in daily coverage
- Exhibits a sense of urgency, is action-oriented, seizes opportunities and steadfastly pushes themselves and others for results. Seeks continuous improvement and displays good judgment.
- Writer must be a self-starter and know how to break a story.
- Should be comfortable with technology, including digital and social media.
- Ability to produce high quality news stories across all content platforms.
- Educational Qualification: OND / NCE / HND / BSc in any discipline.
- Experience: Entry or Mid-level
- Skills in the following areas: writing, broadcast journalism, news judgment, computer skills.
- Exceptional reporting skills and attention to detail
- Strong grammar, communication skills and command of language
- Knowledge of the entertainment, fashion and lifestyle industry in Nigeria
- Familiar with Local and International Entertainment News platforms and follower of Celebrity news.
- The environment may be fast-paced at times, requires the ability to rapidly accept change, requires the ability to handle multiple tasks and set priorities, and requires the ability to handle significant amounts of stress.
- Publish to the web and social media.
- Monitor news wires and competitive media.
- Self-starter with proven ability to meet deadlines and pay close attention to detail and fact-checking.
- Excellent communication skill - both oral and written - with an impressive reputation for building and maintaining relationships with people at all levels of an organization, across a diverse range of cultural, generational, ethnic, racial, educational and social backgrounds.
- Fact check stories and review them for proper grammar, spelling, punctuation.
go to method of application »
Cyclofoss is seeking passionate people to fill the role of Data Entry Officer. We require self-motivated, detail-oriented individuals who are proficient in Windows environment and how to use Internet browsers effectively, not just navigating their ways in the Internet but also overcoming restrictions in the world wide web. We need meticulous people who can research the web smartly and enter the data generated in a database via online forms.
The primary duty for this role is collating data from various sources (mainly Print and Internet) , formating the data and storing them in the online database through an Internet browser. To excel in this position, the role should be able to input data at a quick and steady pace paying close attention to details. Note, this opening is not a secretarial position, though secretarial experience is an added advantage. Sometime, while uploading data to the database, the role will need to manipulate the collated data in HTML format before uploading, thus, knowlegde of HTML is highly essentail to excel in this position.
The secondary duty for this role is the ability to install, configure, and troubleshoot Windows Operating System and software applications. Collation of data from print media requires working with various software applications, hardware devices like scanner and a strong typing skill to bring the raw data to the required format for data serialization in the online database, thus knowledge and manipulation of Windows OS environment is highly required.
- Responsible for entering data into computer for processing
- Requesting further information for documents that are deemed incomplete
- Verify, correct and/or delete data entry errors and report them
- Prepare documents
- Enter information into specific files or forms
- Check completed work for errors or duplicate information
- Communicates effectively, both orally and written.
- Ability to enter data accurately at a given speed
- Strong typing, analytical and computer skills
- Working knowledge of HTML is highly desired
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to multi-task, use personal judgment and utilize strong decision making skills
- Must exhibit accurate and efficient data entry skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Develops analytical and problem solving skills
- Maintains a cooperative attitude
- Demonstrates willingness to accept additional responsibility
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Internet Explorer and in performing web searches.
- Strong spelling and grammar skills
- Acts on opportunity, generates new ideas, practices self-development.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, highly productive and collaborative environment with strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Targets and achieves results, sets challenging goals, prioritizes tasks, overcomes obstacles, accepts accountability
- Ability to adapt to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure.
- OND, NCE or SSCE with excellent computer working experience.
Method of Application
If you feel that you have the qualities required to add value at Cyclofoss, to help us move forward towards the future as the leading Internet Media Organization, then we would like to hear from you. Just send your CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com using Job Title as the Subject of the email.