Propcom Mai-karfi is looking for a skilled, creative and enthusiastic Communications Manager to design and lead our communications initiatives both externally and internally within this dynamic six year project.
You will be:
* A skilled communications professional with a solid history of designing and implementing outreach campaigns through well designed communication initiatives
* Able to effectively use and coordinate a variety of social networks and online platforms (particularly CMS programmes, Facebook and Twitter) to respond to programme needs and emerging cutting edge digital communications Commercially aware and able to develop creative marketing and sales literature, presentations and events Resourceful and well-connected in the media and communications world in Nigeria
* An articulate and clear personal communicator with the ability to connect with a variety of audiences
* A team player with a proven ability to work with others in a multicultural setting
* Knowledge of the agricultural business sector and business development in the north of Nigeria
In return we offer;
* A friendly and team-based working environment in Abuja
* Opportunity to work with national and international communications colleagues
* Vital contribution to an innovative Nigerian development programme you will drive the external perception of Propcom Mai-karfi.
* The opportunity to truly "make a difference"
* A competitive salary with benefits
The role is based in Abuja; although travel within Nigeria and abroad may be required. Applications are encouraged from all those who can clearly demonstrate sound evidence of success in a communications role and a passion for development in Nigeria.
Propcom Mai-karfi is a programme aimed at increasing incomes for the poor in Nigeria through targeted initiatives aimed at enhancing employment opportunities and improving productivity in selected agricultural markets in Northern Nigeria. Please send your CV (maximum of three pages) and a 1 page covering letter, outlining how your skills and competencies match the requirements of this post to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 10 February 2014
Propcom Mai-karfi is managed by GRM International for the UK Department for International Development www.propcommaikarfi.org