Al-Hikmah University was licensed by the Federal Government of Nigeria in January, 2005. Ii is a faith-based private and conventional University with a strong Islamic background. The University aims at providing high moral standard and academic excellence for the good of the Nigerian nation and humanity. It is also committed to the development of highest academic standards both at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. The University has graduated four (4) sets of students who have been mobilized for participation in the National Youth Service Scheme.
AI-Hikmah University invites applications from suitable and qualified candidates for the vacant position:
Duties of the Bursar
The Bursar is the Chief Financial Officer of the University and is directly responsible to the Vice-chancellor for the management of the University finances.
- The CandidateThe candidate for the post of Bursar must possess a good degree in Accounting or related disciplines plus any of the following recognized professional qualifications:
- ICAN, ACA, ACCA, ACMA & CPA. Membership of a relevant professional body is a necessary requirement.
- He or she must have acquired a minimum of twelve (12) years post qualification experience and eight (8) years experience after the professional qualification, preferably, in the University System.
- At least five (5) of the relevant years of experience must have been at top leadership position in a recognized University and must have served as Deputy Bursar for at least three (3) years.
- Must have clean and impeccable records of service and demonstrate evidence of professional competence with high degree of accountability, transparency and probity.
Conditions of Service
The remuneration is very attractive and comparable to what is applicable to Nigerian Universities. Other conditions of service and fringe benefits are as maybe determined by the Governing Council from time to time.
go to method of application »
Duties of The University Librarian
The University Librarian is the Chief Library Officer of the University and shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the administration of the University Library and the co-ordination of the Library Services in the University and its campuses, colleges, schools, departments, Institutes and other teaching or research units.
- Candidates for the post of University Librarian must possess good honours degrees, plus professional qualification in Librarianship. (a Ph.D and Membership of a relevant professional body will be ai advantage).
- Candidates must also show evidence of considerable scholarship and thorough understanding of the application of new technologies to Library operations and services.
- Computer Literacy and application of ICT in library services is an essential requirement.
- In addition, candidates must show sufficient evidence of contribution to knowledge through research and scholarly publications in reputable journals within and outside Nigeria; and competence in job planning, organization and ability to take initiatives to fast-track the development of a young University Library to an international standard within a short period of time.
- At least, five (5) of-the relevant years of experience must have been at top leadership position in a recognized University and must have served as Deputy University Librarian for at least three (3) years.
- Conditions of Service
- The remuneration is very attractive and comparable to what is applicable to Nigerian Universities. Other conditions of service and fringe benefits are as may be determined by the Governing Council from time to time.
Method of Application
Interested candidates are requested to forward fifteen (15) copies of detailed application with one set of photocopies of certificates and relevant credentials as well as full curriculum vitae including:
- Full Names
- Date and Place of Birth
- Permanent Address
- Current Postal Address
- Telephone number(s)
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Educational Institutions Attended with Dates
- Academic and Professional Qualifications with Dates
- Detailed working experience, previous Employers and Post held with Dates
- Other activities outside current Employment
- Present Employer, Post and Salary indicating detailed schedule of work.
- Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees
- Date of availability if appointed
All applications should be addressed to:
Adeta Road, Adewole Housing Estate,
The envelope should be marked “CONFIDENTIAL-POST OF BURSAR” or "CONFIDENTIAL-POST OF LIBRARIAN". Candidates should request their referees to send references under confidential cover to the Vice-Chancellor on or before Monday, 17th February, 2014.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale