Accountant at The BIG Group
Posted on: 2 December, 2013
Deadline: 14 December, 2013
View Jobs in Building / Construction
View All Jobs at The BIG Group
BIG Contractors was incorporated as a multifaceted company to provide a full range of engineering services in pre-construction planning, program management, construction management & general construction for the public and private sector in Oil and Gas (upstream and downstream) , Power, Telecommunication, Aviation, Marine and General Construction. Our Combined team has 35 years of experience managing private and public sector projects and we are always seeking new and innovative ways to help our clients achieve their objectives.
We are recruiting to fill the following position:
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and maintain entries in general ledger to ensure a high level of accuracy.
- Reconcile Company's bank accounts and that required balances are maintained.
- Monitor the Company's banking and investment contracts.
- Monitor and report on significant budget variances, liaise with program delivery staff and management to prepare key variance reports and request budget amendments as required.
- Prepare Business Plan and Feasibility Studies for projects.
- Work with Managers to translate each sector's business plan into an annual operating and maintenance budget.
- Prepare the Annual Financial Plan and The Asset Management Investment Plan.
- Research and prepare reports, or analysis as may be necessary on special projects or assignments that may be assigned from time to time.
- Assist in the preparation of financial records.
- Serve as the City's professional in-house resource person on employee related tax matters, pension matters and on matters pertaining to employee benefits.
- Must be a qualified chartered Accountant (ICAN, CPA, ACA, ACCA etc)
- Must have a minimum of 3 years post-qualification experience
- Must be experienced in the preparation of Business Plan and Feasibility studies.
- Must be knowledgeable in project based accounting.
- Must be experienced in Risk Analysis
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task is an asset.
- Knowledge of accepted accounting practices and principles.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send their CVs and Cover Letters to: email@example.com Application title should be "Application for the position of Accountant". Note: Only candidates who meet key requirements would be contacted, if you do not meet the key requirements, you need not apply.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about The BIG GroupSimilar Jobs
- Computer Operators at a Reputable Building Materials Company - Padoserve Limited (3 Positions)
- Jobs at O'Spaces Nigeria Limited
- Latest Jobs at Kranite Nigeria Limited
- Jobs at Eliezer Workplace Management Limited
- Operations Manager at Efficacy Construction Company
- Job Vacancy at Randstad Construction Property Engineering Company
- Career Opportunities at Deloitte
- Procurement Officers at Arbico Plc