Location : Yenagoa, Bayelsa State., NIGERIA
Application Deadline : 03-Jun-11
Type of Contract : Service Contract
Post Level : SB-1
Languages Required :English
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start): 01-Jul-2011
Duration of Initial Contract : One Year
Under the overall guidance of the National Project Officer and Administrative Associate, the Driver/Messenger provides reliable and safe driving services ensuring high accuracy of work. He demonstrates a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact and the ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
* Provide reliable and secure driving services by driving UNODC personnel/officers to project sites or meetings as may be directed and receiving UNODC personnel/consultants at the airport.
* Ensures cost-savings through proper use and accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs.
* Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through minor repairs, timely change of oil, check of tyres, brakes, car washing etc.
* Report any mechanical fault in good time for repairs to be carried out and cross check to see that the repairs were well done.
* At all time, make sure that copies of vehicle insurance including office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit and necessary spare parts are available.
* Ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
* Assist in making photocopies, binding of documents and filing.
* Provides logistical assistance at meetings
* Performs other duties as assigned
• Demonstrates commitment to UNODC’s mission, vision and values.
• Shows respect and adaptability for diversity (cultural, gender, religion, race)
• Functional Competencies:
• Ability to handle several assignments under time constraints
• Ability to operate variety of computerized business machines and office equipment
• Demonstrate excellent knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair
• Demonstrate excellent knowledge of security issues
• Actively works towards continuing personal learning, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills
Required Skills and Experience
* Secondary Education and valid driving license
* 2 to 3 years work experience as driver
* Knowledge of driving rules and regulations
* Skills in minor vehicle repair
* Fluency in any UN languages (preferably English) and national language of the duty station.
Method of Application