Vacancy At Russel Smith Group
Posted on: 18 November, 2013
Deadline: 26 November, 2013
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at RusselSmith Group
Russel Smith Group is recruiting qualified individuals to occupy the vacant space of an Account Officer.
Position: Accounts Officer
Categories: Full Time Job
Job Reference Code: RS-FD-01
Summary of Functions
- Responsible for receiving and matching invoices, account coding, preparation of disbursements and accounts payable related record keeping.
- A university degree in accounting preferred, 1-2 years of related accounting experience.
• Good communication skills
• Ability to work well with people is essential.
• Strong quantitative skills such as statistics and data analysis skills
• Good reasoning skills; communication skills; multi-tasking skills and organizational skills
• Strong analytical and data analysis skills
• Exhibits initiative, responsibility and flexibility.
• Ability to maintain flexible attitude and approach towards assignments and successfully operate under guidelines.
• Must possess working knowledge of regulatory bodies relating to payroll, taxes and general business financial conditions.
• Must be proficient in MS Office software – Word, Excel.
• Must possess intermediate knowledge of financial systems and familiarity with accounting and spreadsheet applications is required.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Receives and processes vendor invoices and internal check requests; maintains open files for purchase orders, packing/receiving slips and matches to invoices. Verifies invoices for quantity, unit pricing, extensions and applicable discounts. Obtains approval from appropriate personnel for payment for miscellaneous invoices.
- Codes invoices with accounting account numbers according to distribution in the general ledger; determines dates for invoices to be paid; keys invoices into computerized accounts payable system. Maintains alphabetical open invoice file for unpaid invoices.
- On a weekly basis, reviews invoices scheduled for payment and a special check request with Chief Accountant, prints approved checks, prepares and routes for signature according to check signing authority.
- Attaches duplicate copy of checks to original invoices, stamps invoices “Paid” and files in permanent records.
- Prints, verifies and maintains accounts payable voucher reports, open/aging reports, disbursement reports, and journals.
- Receives and answers phone calls from vendors or other departments in regard to payment status of invoices.
Method of Application
Interested applicant should click here to apply online.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about RusselSmith GroupSimilar Jobs
- Scrum Master at a Leading Nigerian Bank - Growth in Value Alliance (GV Alliance) Partners
- Head Of Internal Operations at a Non-Banking Financial Organisation - Fadac Resources
- HR Assistant at Crossover Microfinance Bank
- Career Opportunities at First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank)
- 2018 Graduate Internship Program at the African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
- Ongoing Recruitment at The Nigerian Stock Exchange
- Jobs at Arkounting Business Concepts Limited
- Job Vacancies at a New Generation Bank