Education Consultant at The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
Posted on: 11 October, 2017
Deadline: 25 October, 2017
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at UNICEF
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) - In September 2014 UNICEF began implementing a joint programme with UN Women on Women, Peace and Security (WPS) funded by the European Union (EU). The programme will support the Nigerian Government (Federal level), three Northern Nigerian States namely Adamawa, Gombe and Plateau and selected Local Government Areas (LGAs) to strengthen women’s leadership, advance gender equality and improve protection for women and children in conflict settings.
Purpose of the Assignment
- The consultancy will assist the Education section in conducting an assessment of textbook availability and use by students and teachers in public primary schools.
- The specific objectives of the assessment are to: a) investigate the officially defined processes of how the required numbers of copies of textbooks are supposed to be requested from states, how the textbooks are to be printed and distributed, and how these processes are being undertaken in reality, b) assess availability of textbooks in classrooms and schools and identify factors contributing to unavailability. The findings will inform the government partners to take corrective actions to ensure that all primary school students and teachers have access to required textbooks.
- Conduct a literature review.
- Conduct meetings with national government/donor.
- Prepare the inception report based on desk review and discussions with UNICEF
- Meeting with the state SUBEB/LGEA officials (in 5 states)
- Conduct data collection. Verification and cleaning of the collected data.
- Compile and analyse collected data, and prepare a draft assessment report and share it with UNICEF.
- Prepare presentation materials to share the assessment results, facilitate and present in the Dissemination Meeting
- Finalize assessment report integrating feedback from stakeholders meeting
- Finalized list and folder of pooled materials collected during the literature review.
- Inception report
- A draft assessment report
- Presentation material
- Report of the Dissemination Meeting
- Final assessment report
- Advanced degree in Education, Social Sciences and or related discipline.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in research/review design and data processing and analysing, especially in education and school context.
- Minimum of 8 years’ progressive professional experience in the area of development research.
- Experience of conducting qualitative and quantitative project reviews in development environments. Vast experience in human rights based approaches and result based management would be an added advantage.
- Expertise in evaluating primary school education programs in Nigeria is a distinct advantage.
- Fluency in English language is essential.
- Strong understanding of the education context in Nigeria is highly desirable.
- Excellent conceptualization, analytical and writing skills in English.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to UNICEF career website on www.unicef.org to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about UNICEFSimilar Jobs
- Senior Grants Specialist At Management Sciences For Health (MSH)
- Senior Manager, HR at Wadhwani Foundation
- Literacy Coach at Phillipanna Foundation
- Job Opportunities at The United Nations World Food Programme
- Administrative Assistant / Safety and Security Manager - VectorLink at Abt Associates
- Consultant - Nutrition Business Case at the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
- Field Coordinator - Education and Livelihood at Jesuit Refugee Service (JRS)
- Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Lead - Economic Growth at Ecorys Nigeria