Communications and Coordination Specialist at Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation Nigeria (MGIC)
Posted on: 4 October, 2017
Deadline: 13 October, 2017
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Maryland Global Initiatives Corpo
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation Nigeria (MGIC) is a non-profit affiliate of UMB with a mission to administratively support international operations of UMB Principal Investigators. Our purpose is to provide the administrative infrastructure for sizable and sustained operations outside of the U.S.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be the central coordination point for onsite communications;
- Ensure that communications and messaging are accessible and effective in language and design;
- Support and improve internal communication vehicles e.g. Notice boards, newsletters, presentations, company website, Site branding events etc.
- Work closely with management and Programs lead and act as a strategic “bridge” between them and the UMB-CIHEB Nigeria Management team;
- Communicate to different Technical leads to seek feedback on issues related to the project activities as and when required;
- Develop a comprehensive set of communication tools and materials for the project to enhance exchange and flows of information with peers and stakeholders.
- Coordinate and maintain regular liaison with the Communication Wing of the UMB-CIHEB Country Office in preparing, sharing and publishing project news events and updates on CIHEB Communication channels;
- Assist in developing various knowledge products and publication materials to facilitate and promote knowledge building and knowledge sharing within projects and key stakeholders;
- Regularly monitor the local and International media and compile any major news stories or development related to the activities of projects for necessary circulation among the project leads.
- Provide Support for maintaining photographic documentation and audio-visual library of various project events including meetings, seminars and workshops
- Support in preparation on various TWG meetings for the Country Director to aid effectiveness issues;
- Take notes of different meetings and prepare initial drafts of the meeting notes.
- Correspond and coordinate with the key project leads on matters relation to project issues.
- Provide substantive research inputs to the UMB-CIHEB team on aid effectiveness and coordination issues, as and when required;
- Assist with communication campaigns and UMB-CIHEB's communications/campaign initiatives;
- General Administrative duties associated with site communications.
- Education: BA in Mass Communications, Law or Public Administration, Media Arts, Theatre Arts, Journalism or any other relevant discipline.
- A Master's Degree in any of the field above will an added advantage.
- Six Years of relevant experience in communication, donor relation/coordination and managing development programs.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent Editing Skills
- Excellent IT skills in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and any graphic design package.
- Capability to prioritize work and act on one's own initiative.
- Analytical skills/ Report writing/Organization of information.
- preparing briefs/information pieces.
- High Attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Project management skills
- Strong collaboration & team skills
- Ability to work with other team members, flexibility, decisiveness and personal integrity
- Certification in any applicable Communication professional body is desirable but not required
- Required to work across various projects
- Must be able to work with very SHORT timelines that may require unplanned travels and long work hours
Method of Application
Applicants should send their full CV's and a comprehensive Cover Letter to: email@example.com
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation Nigeria (M...Similar Jobs
- Job Opportunities at The United Nations World Food Programme
- Administrative Assistant / Safety and Security Manager - VectorLink at Abt Associates
- Consultant - Nutrition Business Case at the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
- Field Coordinator - Education and Livelihood at Jesuit Refugee Service (JRS)
- Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Lead - Economic Growth at Ecorys Nigeria
- Job Openings at Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI)
- Regional National Ownership Lead at Options Consultancy Services Limited
- Programme Director at Marie Stopes International