Finance Manager at St Saviour's School
Posted on: 14 September, 2017
Deadline: 21 September, 2017
View Jobs in Education / Teaching
View All Jobs at St Saviour's School
St Saviour's School Ikoyi, is a British Curriculum School of approximately 320 children. The school caters for children from Foundation 2 (Reception) to Year 6 and delivers the British National Curriculum as part of a thoroughly rounded education set in a Nigerian context. We also use the International Primary Curriculum to enhance the learning of all children.
- A friendly and caring international learning community managing a British-style primary school established over 65 years ago, located in Ikoyi, Lagos is looking for eligible candidates to apply for the position of Finance Manager to lead its recently repositioned finance functions and operations.
- The successful candidate will be administratively reporting to the Head Teacher and functionally reporting to the Board of Management Finance Committee of the school.
- Leading the institution’s finance team
- Implementing the overall strategic direction of the finance department of the institution including the Preparation of annual budget and cash forecast and planning process
- Ensuring strict adherence to the school’s financial policies and processes including the management of school’s compliance requirements
- Monthly preparation of management accounts and cash flow projections and bank reconciliation
- Management of the treasury functions, including suppliers/vendor records
- Management of the Account Chart, the general ledger, the subsidiary ledgers and preparation of the financial statements · Serve as the point of contact for external auditors
- Supporting the Board of Management Finance Committee and Head Teacher with day to day financial management of the school.
Educational/Professional Qualifications and Experience
- Professional Accounting Qualification and Membership (preferably ACA, ACCA, ICAEW or any other relevant professional qualification)
- First Degree with minimum of 2nd Class Upper or its equivalent preferably in disciplines such as Accounting, Economics, Banking & Finance, Business Administration or any other related discipline)
- A post graduate Degree in relevant discipline would be an added advantage
- Minimum of 8 years post qualification experience of which at least 4 years must have been in a managerial capacity in a reputable organization
- Experience in the educational institutions or related services will be an added advantage
- Age: 32 - 45 years
- Good Interpersonal skills and people management
- Ability to properly strategize to achieve results and work with minimal supervision
- Strong analytical and commercial reporting skill
- Computer literacy and proficiency in the use of Microsoft office suite and accounting applications (SAGE and Peachtree etc)
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Competitive within the industry standard
Method of Application
Applicants should send their applications which includes attaching the online Job Application form, Curriculum Vitae, specifying personal e-mail address and phone numbers, to: email@example.com
Click here to download the Job Application form (pdf)
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about St Saviour's SchoolSimilar Jobs
- Library Assistant (Volunteer) at Young Readers Library
- Kanuri Translators & Interpreters at TDSP Translators
- College Librarian at Isa Kaita College of Education
- Fresh Vacancies at Noble Hall Leadership Academy for Girls
- Latest Recruitment at Caleb University
- Provost at Cross River State College of Education
- Registrar at the Fati Lami Abubakar Institute for Legal and Administrative Studies
- Latest Recruitment at The Federal Polytechnic, Kaura Namoda, Zamfara State