Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on vulnerable children, agriculture, health and HIV, extractives and governance, and peace building programming.
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
Purpose & Primary Function
- The Administrative Officer is responsible for ensuring the day-to-day efficiency and accountability of Administrative functions in the CRS Yobe sub-office in Damaturu.
- S/he will support overall office administration and management, human resources, inventory/asset management, and contracts and payments.
- The Administrative Officer will directly supervise the CRS Yobe Administrative Assistant to ensure high-quality and timely service provision in line with agency policy and procedure.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree or HND in Law, Engineering, Economics, Administration or Management.
- Must be a mature, motivated, problem solving individual with high levels of initiative;
- Minimum of three years relevant administrative management experience, preferably with an international Organization
- Prior experience in supervising staff in a structured work environment
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral Communication skills.
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of local languages such as Hausa and/or Kanuri are an advantage
- Must demonstrate a good understanding of contemporary management best practices
- Must have excellent research and facilitation skills
- Excellent people skills;
- Demonstrate high level of initiative, diplomacy and tact
- Excellent knowledge of computer software – MS Office and Excel especially;
- Must be flexible and able to work independently and as part of a team.
Method of Application
Applicants should download the "Application Form Below" and send with a detailed 3-page resume in a single file word document to: email@example.com. The position title and location must be expressly stated as the subject of the email quoting reference number: "Administrative Officer - Facility: AOFB-08125"
Click here to download Application Form (MS Word)
- Applications will be treated as they are received. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- CRS is an equal - opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, etc. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply”.
- CRS’ recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale