Cisco Nigeria - The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services.
As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
Job ID: 1209558
What You'll Do
- This high profile role aims at supporting Global Service Providers in mobility and networking in the transition to cloud and virtualized business models.
- As Cisco is intensifying its presence in the Middle East market we are searching energetic and highly passionate individuals who can complement the existing workforce in the Global Service Provider organization based on Pakistan/Islamabad.
Who You'll Work With
The role requires both strong sales skills, communication skills and deep expertise in the area of Service Providers, especially in mobility, cloud, networking and software with SDN and virtualization in mind.
The Systems Engineer is in charge of the following activities:
- Develop consultative approach for a direct touch sales model
- Provide technical and sales support to customers
- Perform technical presentations and develop strong interlock within Cisco functions
- Assist with the development of formal sales plans and proposals for assigned opportunities.
- Support and address critical projects as well as critical situation and escalations, as needed
- Actively participate as a specialist on assigned virtual team and provides consultative support in their area of specialization to other Systems Engineers.
Who You Are
The Systems Engineer has the following skills:
- Fluent communications skills in English, second and third languages is advantageous
- Team player is a must as roles implies to work efficiently with many parties: Sales, customers, Cisco Business Units.
- Ability to articulate a value-add proposition of a solution in front of both technical and non-technical audience
- Demonstrated sales and consultative skills.
- Good balance between hands-on capabilities and theoretical technical knowledge.
- In-depth knowledge in several areas of specialization amongst:
- Service Provider Experience and Exposure
- Core/Edge Routing & Switching
- OSS and NMS
- Knowledge in Datacenter, SDN and virtualization technologies would be much valued
- Relevant Cisco Certification will be required - CCIE or equivalent certification an advantage.
- Typically B.Sc/MSc Studies from university in IT, Programming or equivalent
- Ability to learn by doing and put thoughts into actions
- As multi-tasker you show an open, organized and structured way of working in a time-managed manner with a permanent follow-up of activities.
- Share our values, notably: Teamwork, Dedication to Customer Success, Innovation & Learning, Lifecycle Approach, Accountability, Openness, and Ownership.
- Your enthusiastic social skills allow you to easily integrate in an existing team; you like to take initiatives and are autonomous minded.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, listening, negotiation and presentation.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to CISCO career website on jobs.cisco.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.